acronyms (Read 606 times)

what does MAF stand for? i'm guessing maximum ... then i get lost. athletic? aerobic, anaerobic? i'm not a newbie, but alphabet soup can throw me for a curve. sometimes, i'm intuitive: once visited new friends at a mountain house of their family's and they had a log book people would write in about their visit. was my first visit there and i was thumbing through it. saw she'd written IGAT. i said, bet that means you got a tattoo. bingo. i had no previous knowledge of her tattoo. it was sort of a code message to herself.
    db7

maximum aerobic function see the low heart rate training group if you want more info DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Mass Air Flow sensor Sorry, my other hobby is rebuilding my land cruiser. Big grin

~Mike

Just Be

As used here, I believe MAF stands for Maffetone, the guy who wrote the most successful book about low heart rate training. http://www.amazon.com/Maffetone-Method-Holistic-Low-Stress-Exceptional/dp/0071343318

Just Be

Nevermind, db7 is correct. Tongue
              Thanks. I need to be checking that kind of stuff out. Now, I just run. But I need to train more efficiently.
                MAF? Thanks for asking as I wondered too. I am a cop and to me it means Male Assaults Female. Cry
                free happiness with every moment!