We're going to have to start a new user group me thinks! (Read 692 times)

Following right along with the theme of things, I found out last night my FIL is now in the hospital. He went to give blood the other day, but they wouldn't let him. Seems his heart is skipping 8-10 beats at a time and so they're doing a cardiac catheterization tomorrow, Thursday! He takes meds for this, but it's never been that severe before. They did a treadmill stress test on him and told him to lie right down afterward and that he was going to be admitted to the hospital. Heart problems run rampid in his family, so my MIL isn't surprised. She's trying to seem "unconcerned", but if she lets herself tip over the edge, stress just ruins her. You might as well hospitalize her too! Thing is, I'm thinking it can't be TOO bad because that was yesterday, and they're not doing the cath until tomorrow. Seems if they were ultra concerned, they wouldn't be waiting.??? MY dad had a heart cath last year; everything was o.k. though thank God. This was while my mom was dying of lung cancer. Anyne wanna fly me to a tropical island...with lots of alcohol? (I don't drink! You'd only have to send one cooler and I'd be all set!) LOL
      (((((hugs hun))))))) I'll drop by and pick ya up ( as soon as I find a sitter) modified to add I'd fly ya there but I have no plane so car is the best I can do Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can I join you on a road trip to a tropical island? We have a 13' sailboat...we can strap it on top of my car and head down to FL--the weather's better there, anyhow. Wink Man, how scary for your family. I'm glad your FIL is discovering this before something tragic happens. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes well for him tomorrow. (((Hugs))) k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

NOW that sounds like a GREAT idea. I mean PA is on the way to Florida from MI isn't it? Tongue

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NOW that sounds like a GREAT idea. I mean PA is on the way to Florida from MI isn't it? Tongue
            Sure! I love driving--that wouldn't be such a bad detour! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Well I hope that everything goes well and that he makes a quick recovery. You've really been through the emotional mill of late, haven't you. Hugs, Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                (((hugs))) so sorry to hear - I do think they wouldn't wait if they thought anything was truly imminent - but it's good they have him in the hospital to keep an eye on him. Keep us posted on how it goes Smile Can I join the road trip? Sounds good! I could fly to MI....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...my car might be getting kinda cramped, now. Perhaps we should rent a cushy, loaded RV! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks so much everyone. I'm hoping that it's going to be nothingl but a little scared with his family history. I think my husband and I have arrived at that point when we're going to be worrying about our kids AND our parents now! *gah* Hey! Let's make this one "stress buster" road trip for any RA members who wanna go and rent a lavish RV or bus! Like that idea! We'll strap K's sailboat ontop and head down to the sun! Ohhhh...the fun we could have!! Big grin
                      Hmmm...my car might be getting kinda cramped, now. Perhaps we should rent a cushy, loaded RV! Big grin k
                      Ya'll are welcome on the vacation island user group - though the name changed to "Earth to Jake Knight." Ya'll can make it whatever you want, though. I remember waiting for the results of a cath for my dad a while ago. Definately makes for a long day - I hope its all good news at the end of it. (People I know in person - thanks for not spreading my family's medical history!)
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ya'll are welcome on the vacation island user group - though the name changed to "Earth to Jake Knight." Ya'll can make it whatever you want, though. I remember waiting for the results of a cath for my dad a while ago. Definately makes for a long day - I hope its all good news at the end of it. (People I know in person - thanks for not spreading my family's medical history!)
                        Ooh, I almost forgot about that island...hmmm...we should make sure it's ready for guests! Abby, how is your dad, now?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Check it out, girls! Virtual Vacation Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Nice island edits! My dad is fine. It was almost 10 years ago and he is in so much better health than he was then or had been in for many years. But, man, having my dad go to the cath lab and then for bypass while I was trying to finish an audition tape and waiting to hear back from a college about early decision, not to mention a couple final exams and a class-recital, made for an awful bunch of days! Waiting for cath lab results was the worst part, I think. My heart goes out to anyone going through that without any of the other stressors that I had added to it!
                              My dad is fine. It was almost 10 years ago and he is in so much better health than he was then or had been in for many years. My heart goes out to anyone going through that without any of the other stressors that I had added to it!
                              I'm glad that he's doing well now! My MIL said today the my FIL is acting like it's no big deal and that he's fine. That's really taking the stress off of me, because as she said, if he was having a hard time with this, she'd be a wreck, which would then make me a wreck! It really makes a difference on your stress level on how the "patient" is dealing with it all. So far I don't have to add my MIL to my "worry list" too! I can't even imagine going through everything you were, AbbaGimp (Awwwww....AbbaGimp! Sad) AND dealing with your dad's health issues!!
                                Sad Sounds like the whole RA members' families should make the prayer request at church this Sunday! One thing is for sure, there is lots of comforting to pass around here. I hope all improves with everyone.

Michelle