Runner vs Dog (Read 1202 times)

What if I instead  pray really earnestly and let god take care of the dog.  

Good plan. I'll bet god has a really nice handgun collection.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

What if I instead  pray really earnestly and let god take care of the dog.  

I'll pray this shoots straight.

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

I am sure god has a better handgun collection than I do

C-R

Is this the "blood brain barrier" they keep mentioning on House?

No that's the central governor theory.

And Nads. Dogs have been bred for specific purposes for generations (herding, hunting, protection, retrieving and so on). Today's domesticated dog bears little resemblence to the original wolf in wildness; however some primal instincts certainly can't be overcome by breeding. That being said, it is still the owners responsibility to train and manage their animal. Period. No exception. 

I love dogs but applaud that man for protecting his kid. I would do the same and then would find a way to impress upon the owner of that dog their fault in allowing the situation to happen by their actions or lack of action.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Period. No exception. 

Oh, come on. You mean, except for the central governor theory.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

Well sure. That Central governor Theory is really strong stuff.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xor

I am sure god has a better handgun collection than I do

For some reason, I jumped back into this thread at the end and started scrolling backwards.  Came to this response without knowing the context.

Out of context it is amazingly random.

Wait a second.  A pink revolver.  Sweet.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm looking forward to the next marathon shot, showing srlopez with the pink revolver in his waistband, daring dogs to chase him.

xor

Yes. 

mta: civilization has created a barrier (more or less), between itself and the wild. But for some reason we have welcomed dogs in.  They are wild animals, some of which have been trained, so as to be less likely to attack humans.  Of course, you never know. 

Dogs are "wild animals"?

Huh.  Some dogs, sure.  And some dogs are being bred in ways to bring these traits back out.  OTOH, many dogs haven't been considered truly 'wild animals' for several thousand years.

Anyway.

"Dogs and runners: can't we get along?".  COMET

I surely hope this goes on for 15 pages.  That will pass my blood/brain barrier.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

BTW, how many shots does that pink revolver take, to put down a moose?

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What if we are forced into the unconstitutional Socialized healthcare; then how long can the moose last?

xor

xhristopher

What if we are forced into the unconstitutional Socialized healthcare; then how long can the moose last?

I think the moose was just checking on on the cat that was left alone.

Feeling the growl again

I want to see the follow-up if they are moronic enough to press charges or a suit against they guy.

The Trent Method works pretty well, although in a small number of cases with highly aggressive and large breeds it can backfire.  I once had a Rott who was nobody's beta simply take the alpha act as a challenge to heighten his aggression and attack.  That was the most scared I've ever been in a running dog encounter.

I got soft when presented with the opportunity to shoot an attacking dog with a handgun and only used it to scare them away.  By then my child was safe and it was my dog they were attacking.  But when the owner did nothing even after I notified them of the attempted attack on my child and they returned and attacked my dog again, they each got a shell of .22 birdshot in the butt from far enough away not to cause significant damage.  This is apparently a VERY effective non-lethal message as they have not been back since.

Since I am a jerk if it were a cat I probably would not have been so nice.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills