Best way to re enter from a stress fracture? (Read 636 times)

I'm benched for at least 3 more weeks - stress fracture... Any suggestions on how to build mileage and stay healthy! See ya then! lisak
    Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4

Now that was a bath...

Lisa - why don't you join us On the Bench. It's a forum for injured runners. I am coming back from a stress fracture and I am documenting my return over there. Check out my log to see where I am at. Pop in and join us. Our motto over there 'Misery loves company'! Good luck with your return to the streets. Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        same here, Lisa - come join us - I was just getting ready to post my program that determines readiness to start the return to run program - See ya Smile Cheryl

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

Imminent Catastrophe

http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml This worked well for me. Just don't try to come back too soon or you'll be right back where you started.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016