Whats on your iPod? And how did you accessorize? (Read 718 times)

My sister just got me a nano (did I mention my sister is amazing? Big grin) It is my first portable music thingee since my discman about 13 years ago, which I rarely use. I was thinking of taking it on runs with me. What music do you all recommend putting on it? Wink Also, now that I have an iPod, I guess I have to join the Apple accessory craze. What has worked well for you? Arm bands? Special wireless running headphones? I know there was talk about the sport kit on the gears page..... Big grin
    LydiaT

I got a nano in November. I love running with it. The only things I've bought so far are headphones. For music I have only songs that keep me pumped up for running. My favorites are Drop-Kick Murphy's, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys 0 things like that. I turn it on shuffle and I always know I'm going to love the next song no matter what it is. I do know someone who has a playlist to match her 5 miles run. It was warmup songs, songs for the middle miles and a cool down song for the end.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

case (has a belt clip, which is handy--very cushy if I ever drop my Nano, too) headphones (I wanted something sweat-resistant and that will stay in my ears well. I read a lot of great reviews for these). I have an armband that DH found for me, but I don't really like it. I'm thinking I will mostly clip the iPod on my waist of whatever I'm wearing. Won't make a weird tanline that way, either (not that I tan all that well, but anyhow). As far as songs...man, I have put so many CDs on my playlist and downloaded a lot of stuff from iTunes over the years. I have a lot of dance/disco/pop on my playlist for running--anything with a faster beat or that makes me feel aggressive and fast...which is funny as I run only 5.5mph... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I should add that the case I got is the pink one: While it doesn't look it from the photograph, it is the exact same shade of pink as my Nano. I think they had them in all the colors at the Apple Store, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

va

My sister just got me a nano (did I mention my sister is amazing? Big grin) It is my first portable music thingee since my discman about 13 years ago, which I rarely use. I was thinking of taking it on runs with me. What music do you all recommend putting on it? Wink Also, now that I have an iPod, I guess I have to join the Apple accessory craze. What has worked well for you? Arm bands? Special wireless running headphones? I know there was talk about the sport kit on the gears page..... Big grin
            Hi abbaroodle, Check-out the Any good musics for running thread.

Go Pre!

Join the iPod craze! I love 'em, I have just switched to the shuffle for running. So nice and small AND you can easily choose next track and volume adjustments due to the fact they are click-able, so you do not need to take gloves off for adjustments. I passed down my nano which I also loved but just had to have the sexy new Shuffle, and of course, I replaced my old (dead) 20gig full size iPod with the hot 80g in Black. And for those about to ask, who needs 80g of storage space? Me Smile although I do not run with it. As for headphones, it took me a while to find the right ones, it's just that way, whatever works for one person may not for someone else. ANYTHING in ear falls out of mine! I have the wraparound Sony's that are reflective and rain resistant and I have a supply of foamy speaker piece covers to switch around with for when they're still wet from rain or sweat form the previous workout. The must and I mean MUST is to do away with the garbage headphones that ship with the iPods...it is criminal that Apple ships such a poor set of headphones with such a pricey mp3 player. Lastly - what Music? What inspires you? I am always switching around and adding removing tunes...I often jot down tunes or text myself when I am out and about and hear or think of a song that could be added. I have occasionally put off a rest day due to the fact I really want to run to some new songs I added! I know - nutty! OK, lastly, for real....I keep the volume down low enough for safety....make sure you can still hear the cars and voices of people chatting as you run by them. In the Gym, I crank it up a bit. ENJOY! Dave
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OK, lastly, for real....I keep the volume down low enough for safety....make sure you can still hear the cars and voices of people chatting as you run by them.
                Yep, if I can't hear the plod of my feet I feel too isolated and turn it down. k

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

I have the same headphones as ZoomZoom listed - and for mycase, I have the XtremeMac Microshield Big grin
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                  I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Prophet!

i use my nano with my Nike+ sensor with my Asics running shoes with Sportsuit Relay setup from Marware (includes sensor pouch and Arm/Wrist band). Works pretty good. Headphones i just use a standard Sony headphone with the plastic two separate behind the ear earpieces - it doesn't fall off and it seems to handle my sweaty-ness pretty well.