Just got back from a great run. (Read 608 times)

I just got home from one of my best runs, and I came home to catch Kerry Wood getting a save for the Cubs! I definitely making great progress and feeling good. Smile It was a cool night tonight, and it seemed like I had more endurance since I wasn't sweating all that much. I'm confident that I'll do fine in my first 5K (coming up this Sunday). Does anyone else find it easier to run when it is cooler outside?
    2010 Goals: Run 1500 miles Sub 22 minute 5K Sub 37 minute 8K Sub 1:45 HM Complete a marathon
      Absolutely. My best runs occur between 40F and 50F in shorts and a singlet. The cool air really helps get the blood flowing. Tom
        Glad you enjoyed it, remember that feeling for when you have a tough one; they won't all be good.. Good luck in your 5k!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Ideal temps for running are between 40 - 50F. Good luck in your first 5K! Be sure and let us know how it went.
          My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

20 degrees F, no wind, is the best for me. I feel like I could run forever when it's like that.

Dave

Yep. Try to remember that feeling this summer when its 90F and 90% humidity. Sucks the wind right out of you.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yep. Try to remember that feeling this summer when its 90F and 90% humidity. Sucks the wind right out of you.
                Cry Cry