St. George Marathon Training (Read 997 times)

Four weeks to go - Oct 1. After my ITB flareup at the end of July (during the Deseret News Marathon), I thought I was out of St. George for sure. Cry Fortunately, some deep massage by my physical therapist (six total visits), cutting back on my mileage, and stretching religiously every day seems to have paid off. Did a 20-miler last Saturday, didn't push hard, and managed an overall 8:30 training pace. Felt strong at the end, no leg pain at all, and could have gone on (but didn't--that wasn't in the plan). Cool I have one more 20-miler in two weeks, and it seems I might be able to pull it off. I'll let you know how it goes.
    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

You'll ruin your knees!

That's great! Don't push it too hard, just enough to hang on to the conditioning from Deseret... Best of luck and we'll look forward to see your progress and your race report from St George Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Pron8r, I'm glad to hear that you licked your ITBS, and that you can do St. George. Best of luck to you and be sure to let us know how it went!