The Future of RunningAHEAD (Read 8024 times)

Your announcement has prompted me to write my first post. I love your site, it's a great tool, and I can't wait to see what you're able to do with it. As the wife of someone who's recently gone into business for himself, I know it's a scary but exciting prospect.

I think it's indicative of something that reading through this thread I could barely catch up with the currnet post, they are coming in so fast. I'm also one of those Cool Running refugees who loves this site- been here ever since that debacle.

Congrats, Eric- do whatever it takes.

RunningDuck

Eric, congratulations on your wedding and starting a new business. 

The functionality for logging runs and tracking fitness on this website are amazing - it was always a surprise to me that it was free.  The weekly tracking of distances and VO2max graphs have kept me motivated on a path back to fitness after a nasty ankle injury in a way that many paid for run tracking tools haven't matched. As a token of my appreciation and support I've donated via http://www.runningahead.com/donate today too.

All the best for the future!   

hwtroopgirl

This website has changed my outlook on running and I love it. It kept me motivated at times when I wasn't with my team (I run cross-country and track in college) during off-season over summer and Christmas breaks. I have tried a few other running logs but this is my favorite and I have used it the most consistently because it is so user friendly. No matter what happens I will continue to utilize your site. Good luck in whatever lies ahead of you and considering how wonderful this site is as a hobby in your free-time I can't wait to see what happens when you are able to work on it full-time and devote your full attention to it.

I don't mind ads and I hope they are giving you a decent income!  I would still be willing to donate as well, but you took away the link which I understand as well.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

Great news.  I wish all the best and hope this turns into a very fruitful endeavor.

Al1

You've got my support either way.

Bring on the ads.  I'll even click on them.

All the best to you during this time of transition.

Ditto!

What ever it takes! Thank you for everything you have done! 

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
                  Dannyboy

I've used RA for a few years (and now my whole family does!), and always donated as it was the best site IMO, and I've appreciated the work you've done volunteer. Happy to support in the future, and good luck to you as you develop a business plan and make it happen! Your ethics will pay off as you hold to your values. A hint from someone in a small business - find another person who can "mentor" you in some way - even if it just holds you accountable for what you want to do. DS

browncaleb

I don't mind ads.  I would rather have free access with ads everywhere, then pay a certain fee and have it add-free.  I hope this works out well for you - and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

You gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sticking around either way and I'm hugely grateful for all you've done. Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!

~Sara
                        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

El Jafaz

El Jafaz

You've got my support either way.

Bring on the ads.  I'll even click on them.

All the best to you during this time of transition.

Agreed!!!

redtrail

I would pay a subscription to remove ads. I would also happily pay $5 (and even $10) for an iPhone app that ties into the site. It doesn't need to have GPS stuff... just logging and all the reporting.

Gorilla

Eric,

Thank you for your time and effort!  I have enjoyed using the site and appreciate that you have continued to make it free.  Ads...no worries...perhaps I'll see something that I'll be needing and it will be worth it!

Rick C.

For what you've created here, you deserve to be paid.  Kudos and good luck!!

(btw, you should do some advertising of your own . . . I would be proud to run races in RA gear)

jake