The Future of RunningAHEAD (Read 8024 times)

I found this thread only because I was searching for the 'donate' button that seems to have disappeared.

I don't mind running-related ads, but I want to be able to pay/donate from time to time...

I'm not a consistent runner, but this site contains every single run I ever made, and donating once in a while helps me to stay on track ;-).

So I'm glad Trent points to the 'subscribe' link, since it a bit to 'hidden'...

And glad it's not fixed on only $ 10.00... That way everyone can decide which amount seems correct relative to one's opportunities and the value the site has for him/her.

Running in Belgium
    Ann

Eric--I havent read through this whole thing..but have you considered setting up an Amazon affiliate account? You can link products you know your users will like and get a commission based on how much is sold..for the advertised products and anything else the user buys after clicking through a link on your site. I nkow I would, and many others probably would go through your links for anything we buy on amazon.

obsessor

I clicked for the ads because I love Eric but I was hoping for more ads like:

Meet Sexy Oklahoma Singles! (Guaranteed to have teeth)

or even

Get  Kim Kardashian Boobz OVERNIGHT! 

hmmmmm.

xor

Just subscribed.  Best deal on the interwebz.

"I aim to misbehave."

Feeling the growl again

I clicked for the ads because I love Eric but I was hoping for more ads like:

Meet Sexy Oklahoma Singles! (Guaranteed to have teeth)

or even

Get  Kim Kardashian Boobz OVERNIGHT! 

Funny....I DO get some singles ad with a cute runner chick...virtually every time.  I wonder what part of my info is driving THAT selection.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

undue monkey

I wonder what part of my info is driving THAT selection.

That's easy. You're listed as a male.

I haven't been around here long but subscribed & happy to help, Eric.  Keep up the good work.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Eric--I havent read through this whole thing..but have you considered setting up an Amazon affiliate account? You can link products you know your users will like and get a commission based on how much is sold..for the advertised products and anything else the user buys after clicking through a link on your site. I nkow I would, and many others probably would go through your links for anything we buy on amazon.

+1

If you were an Amazon affiliate, and even a small portion of RA users accessed Amazon via a link in RA (which we could easily just use as a bookmark), I think you'd do really well.  I imagine most of us shop Amazon, and if we used an RA-affiliated link to get there every time we shopped there, RA would make out nicely.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

+1

If you were an Amazon affiliate, and even a small portion of RA users accessed Amazon via a link in RA (which we could easily just use as a bookmark), I think you'd do really well.  I imagine most of us shop Amazon, and if we used an RA-affiliated link to get there every time we shopped there, RA would make out nicely.

I am a big Amazon shopper. DW must buy 3-4 books/week. I would gladly use a RA link to make those purchases.

bob e v
                      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I do probably 75% of our gift purchasing on Amazon...and stuff the rest of the year, too.  I'll bet we spend more at Amazon.com than any other non-grocery retailer.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wes1030m

I think your first enhancement is to make the donate button more prominent. Big grin

http://www.runningahead.com/donate

this +1

TBB

TB

Dear friends,

ı have change my device before reading your mail..Sad( so, ı cant transfer my dara from device....ıf ıts possibe you can help me. My nev device is garmin 910 xt...

sincearlly...

TB

Why is it sideways?

I think your first enhancement is to make the donate button more prominent. Big grin

http://www.runningahead.com/donate

If you somehow dodged all the emails and phone calls asking you to give to billion dollar political campaigns, here's your chance to give to something that actually works.

'Tis the season!

here's your chance to give to something that actually works.

While RunningAhead works wonderfully, the donate page doesn't.

I think the preferred method of supporting RA is to subscribe (which also disables the ads). I am going to go ahead and do that now.

--

Nashville, TN