Sore legs but my mind is at peace - AFC race report (Read 382 times)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

My goal for the America's Finest City 1/2 was 2:00. Last year I ran it at 2:06. Yesterday, I hit the finish line at 2:00:02. Perhaps, one less high-five and I could have taken off a few seconds but I never turn down a high-five, especially from little kids. The biggest breakthough for me was mental. I've been struggling with staying tough and pushing myself. I get too preoccupied with thoughts of my priorities (kids, husband, work) and I think if I feel crappy after a race or training run I'm going to let everyone down. Plus, I get into a mindset that I believe it is enough just to out there. When in reality, I'm not happy unless I see improvement. Yesterday, was muggy and hot and it would have been very easy to backoff, but I did my best to stay on pace. I didn't even look up at the clock when I finished because I was concentrating on that damn finsih line. Plus, some guy next to actually had the nerve to think I wasn't going to "Chick him." Poor, dulusional *&^%$. It was probably my hot-pink flowered tank tops with the Mom's-in-Motion team logo that gave him the wrong impression. Evil grin
    Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

#artbydmcbride

Great Job!! Big grin

Runners run

I ran it too!! Congrats on the time improvement! I'm from Houston, so even those hills absolutely killed me. I was hoping for a 1:55 and ended up with a 2:05...so not so much for me! And I saw your tops on the course - they were super cute! I may have been around you for a while - I was on pace for under 2:00 until mile 9 and it just all went to crap - especially at the huge hill!
        http://kcwoodhead.blogspot.com
        redleaf

Congrats on sticking to it! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

congrats! WTG on the chicking the guys, that's always a fun way to end a race. Big grin Sunday was a lot better than last year...07 was my worst race of all time. Tongue I only heard paramedic lights and sirens about 3 times this year...last year they were everywhere!

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice races, ladies! Aimster, you will definitely be under 2 hours for your next effort! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

~Gordo~

Great job. I have run this race before and climbing that hill at mile 11 just isn't much fun. I wish I could go back and do the triple crown half marathon. Again -- awesome race!
                !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~