Better call Saul (Read 358 times)

What did you think? A few cameo's. Much as I dislike the flashback stuff, it works well here, so far. My son didn't even watch half of it. I'll watch the second episode tonight.

Me and my son had started rewatching Breaking Bad, may continue that just so I can spot the references.

Get off my porch

I watched it. I haven't seen any of the Breaking Bads yet (I know, I know..) but I wondered if I would enjoy it on its own. Thought it was pretty funny.

Ready to race!

My son and I watched it and it was kind of slow and he's not quite the character he was in Breaking Bad "yet", but I think it's coming.  We will continue to patiently watch it and hope for a big pay off.  I think it has potential.

Mescal

bhearn

Tivoed it, looking forward to watching it tonight.

rlopez

Yeah. Relying on Comcast On Demand to have this queued up for me.  10p on a Sunday night was too late for this old person.

jpdeaux

Huh, Tivo's still around? Or just the verbified corporate identity?

Tivoed it, looking forward to watching it tonight.

bhearn

Huh? Why wouldn't they be? Yes, I use a TiVo. Admittedly, increasingly just as a Netflix portal, but it's good for Daily Show etc. And now Better Call Saul. Who watches TV realtime, and waits for the commercials? Is Better Call Saul available streaming somewhere?

10p on a Sunday night was too late for this old person.

+1.

Just finished watching it on DVR. Really slow to start, and difficult at first to figure out exactly what's going on. They probably figure they have a built in audience of BB viewers who will have the patience to stick with it, so they can take their time building the backstory. As opposed to most new shows which feel like they need to explain everything right away. Obviously too early to tell, but seems like it might have potential.

I didn't notice any BB references other than seeing Mike, who I'd read would be a character in the series.

Dave

1. Who watches TV realtime, and waits for the commercials?

2. Is Better Call Saul available streaming somewhere?

1. Except for sports.

2. I think you can actually stream it on AMC.com.

Dave

Are we there yet?

Who watches TV realtime, and waits for the commercials? Is Better Call Saul available streaming somewhere?

1. Exactly. I never watch TV real time. Don't even have cable. Amazon Prime, HULU & Netflix

2. Whats this about amc.com????

+1.

Just finished watching it on DVR. Really slow to start, and difficult at first to figure out exactly what's going on. They probably figure they have a built in audience of BB viewers who will have the patience to stick with it, so they can take their time building the backstory. As opposed to most new shows which feel like they need to explain everything right away. Obviously too early to tell, but seems like it might have potential.

I didn't notice any BB references other than seeing Mike, who I'd read would be a character in the series.

Yes, slow to start. Episode 2 has me. Lot's of ways to develop characters. Will it be as good as BB? Only time will tell.

No, the first episode isn't a stand alone episode that would hook you. Rewatched the final episode of BB last night. Those characters went thru a complete transformation. Think that's the 3-4 time I've watched just that episode. It stands alone.

Streaming is the way to go. Netflix for me. Commercials on AMC are over the top now. TWD seems to have more commercials than actual show.

Get off my porch

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1. Exactly. I never watch TV real time. Don't even have cable. Amazon Prime, HULU & Netflix

+ iTunes on our Apple TV.  We watch SO much more TV now than we ever did when we had cable...I mean like thousands of times more.  When we had cable we watched maybe 3 shows in an entire year.  Now we binge-watch like junkies.  1-3 episodes every night.  In the middle of Sons of Anarchy.  Now TWD is back and I keep up with Castle and have been re-watching The X-Files, but soon returning will be Vikings, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Orphan Black...not sure when we'll be able to fit BCS in, but if it's halfway decent I'm certain we will.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

beat

Break on through

Yes, slow to start. Episode 2 has me. Lot's of ways to develop characters. Will it be as good as BB? Only time will tell.

The first episode worked as a setup for the payoff in the second episode, which was great. Jimmy has a great negotiation scene, which earns him "worst lawyer ever" title from his client, but it was a good deal, considering everything...

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Capt Awesome

Watched and loved Breaking Bad. Watched both episodes of Better Call Saul and have already given up on it. Too damn slow-moving and even the second episode just didn't grab my interest. There are far too few hours for me to sit back and watch tv, and better shows for me to fill those few hours with.

bhearn

Watched and loved Breaking Bad. Watched both episodes of Better Call Saul and have already given up on it. Too damn slow-moving and even the second episode just didn't grab my interest. There are far too few hours for me to sit back and watch tv, and better shows for me to fill those few hours with.

Wow. I find it very similar to BB, almost like "OK, for all of you in Breaking Bad withdrawal, here's some more, just focusing on some different characters". Same universe, same style, same kind of stories. So far so good for me. If anything I think it runs the risk of being too derivative, and not original enough, but time will tell.