"Sport" Sunscreen/Sunblock? (Read 935 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does anyone have a particular sweat-proof sunscreen/sunblock they can recommend--especially for the face? In the past I have used Coppertone and Neutrogena ones, but I never found them to be as sweat-proof as they claim...BUT I am also a MAJOR sweater. I bought some wicking visors and a hat, hoping I can absorb some of my forehead sweat that way and keep the sun out of my eyes, too. But I know the bottom half of my face and the rest of my body will still need protection when I run at mid-day. I'm a pasty blonde of Scandinavian and Scottish descent, so I am pretty burn prone. Any suggestions?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Do you mean to tell me that all of that silly medical research about using sunscreen & not burning to avoid getting skin cancer is true?? Shocked Between the running, the riding, the gardening & the going to work w/ my hubby, perhaps I should really consider wearing sunscreen... Of course, that wouldn't help the pasty white girl get a tan... And this is coming from a medical professional who has many times assisted in the removal of skin cancers... Blush
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I was going to mention Coppertone Sports, but you've already tried it. I thought it stayed on pretty well, and in a non-greasy formula. Did you make sure that you put it on 15 minutes before the run? If it's not dried before you start sweating, it'll get washed out. Perhaps you should not run during the day because it's way too hot, and the sun is at its strongest. There might be a bad air quality issue as well.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

During the week I will mostly be running in the evenings, so then I wouldn't worry too much about sunscreen. It's just on the weekends when I have to work my workouts around my DH's crazy-long bike rides (he's training for a 100 mile JDRF benefit ride in Death Valley this Fall) that I may be doing some rides during the mid-day. Coppertone Sport isn't bad, but it still seems to sweat into my eyes, even if I apply it a good half-hour before going outdoors. I did find that the wicking visor I just bought does a good job at forehead sweat control, though, so I may be able to get by not using it around my eyes...but I wonder if it's going to offer much protection if it sweats off easily. Another thing I have noticed with all sunblocks/sunscreens is that they tend to irritate my facial skin a bit, but I tend to have pretty sensitive skin, so that's not too surprising.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay