USATF stretch study (Read 578 times)

Carl A

I just joined a stretch study that's being conducted by USA Track & Field. It's a three-month program designed to see if stretching before running causes or reduces injuries. Though I'm suspecting that stretching is going to correlate with more injuries, I got randomly put into the stretching group! However, I'm hoping that by participating I'll find out something I didn't know before.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I just joined a stretch study that's being conducted by USA Track & Field. It's a three-month program designed to see if stretching before running causes or reduces injuries. Though I'm suspecting that stretching is going to correlate with more injuries, I got randomly put into the stretching group! However, I'm hoping that by participating I'll find out something I didn't know before.
      I considered joining it, but the time for the program didn't really fit very well with my seasonal goals so I decided to look into whether it was still going on come the end of this year/beginning of next year.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)