doughnut bacon sandwich (Read 291 times)

beat

Break on through

Total donuts eaten:  5.    Question:  Just where is the threshold where you have done more damage than good because of what you ate at the 5K eclipsed the calories expended during running the 5k itself?!  Big grin

run 5K = eat 1 donut

You would need to run another 20K to balance the equation, if you were concerned about such things!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Anyone else go to 5K races and finish it out by eating a bunch of crap?  (Or drinking a ton of calories of beer?!)

I've done this at most races Smile

steph  

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

--- Side note:  I ran a 5K this weekend, and finished about 15 minutes ahead of my wife who was running.  I saw an ungodly large stack of Krispy Kreme Donut boxes, so I commenced to having a couple.  I got bored waiting for her, so I snuck a couple more.  Once she finished, I ate one more.  Total donuts eaten:  5.  

See, that's why, when I do treat myself to donuts, it works well for me to go in, order the amount that I should have, then walk out with them in a bag.  Because those and "no-bake" chocolate oatmeal cookies are my weakness.  If I have a large supply available to me and I eat one, my eyes roll back in their sockets like a shark and when I come to, the whole box/plate/cookie sheet is gone and my wife has her pepper spray out.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

SheCan

--- Side note:  I ran a 5K this weekend, and finished about 15 minutes ahead of my wife who was running.  I saw an ungodly large stack of Krispy Kreme Donut boxes, so I commenced to having a couple.  I got bored waiting for her, so I snuck a couple more.  Once she finished, I ate one more.  Total donuts eaten:  5.    Question:  Just where is the threshold where you have done more damage than good because of what you ate at the 5K eclipsed the calories expended during running the 5k itself?!  Big grin

Anyone else go to 5K races and finish it out by eating a bunch of crap?  (Or drinking a ton of calories of beer?!)

I'd have eaten the bananas they had, but I absolutely can't stand bananas....

LOL@ you!  Well, you don't run so you can only eat one of the 5 donuts that you actually want, do you?  I run so that I can frickkin eat!   Besides the equation doesn't just stop there...  Your body will continue to burn more calories for a while after you stop running.  Plus you can always add on a short guilt run later.

And although I rarely do 5ks, when  do a race or a long training run, it's often followed by a large flow of sometimes really unhealthy, but delicious, calories.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LOL@ you!  Well, you don't run so you can only eat one of the 5 donuts that you actually want, do you?  I run so that I can frickkin eat!   Besides the equation doesn't just stop there...  Your body will continue to burn more calories for a while after you stop running.  Plus you can always add on a short guilt run later.

And although I rarely do 5ks, when  do a race or a long training run, it's often followed by a large flow of sometimes really unhealthy, but delicious, calories.

Sounds like me!  I want to be able to eat without following in the footsteps of my ancestors (father is  sedentary and 240 lbs, grandfather is active, but still 270 lbs...)

Besides, I figure that 5 donuts is nothing compared to what I used to do.  I used to buy a family sized tube of the Pillsbury Chocolate cookie dough and eat chunks of it raw... I could put down a tube in a day easy while in college.  -- I forget the exact calorie count, but it was something like "Serving size = 1 Cookie" "42 Servings per container", and the calorie count for each cookie was in the neighborhood of 120 calories...

120 calories times 42 servings?  Yeah. Joking  Big grin  North of 4,500 calories in one single family-sized tube of cookie dough.    Amazing I went through college years at a weight of 125 pounds with that kind of intake while sedentary...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

BeeRunB

Say It With Bacon.

I  just happened to be eating Oscar Meyer bacon (with my wife), when I clicked on this AWESOME link.

Life is cool.

Baconicity.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A donut?

Meh.

There is only one thing you can add to bacon to make it better.

xhristopher

Perhaps it was the bacon that made the donut better.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Exactly.

Because bacon makes everything better.

Including bacon.

I really don't get what's so great about bacon or doughnuts. As strange as it may sound to some I can't stand either by themselves let alone putting them together!

Disgusting!!

America runs on diabetes.

Runners run

America runs on diabetes.

Big grin

Yes, but things are getting better.  You can even get an "Egg White Delight" from Mcdonald's now.   Things are getting better.  Kind of like when it became possible in the 80's to buy a "Diet Coke" with your extra value meal.  ---- Things are looking up....  Wink

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

A Saucy Wench

I think I'll start things off right this morning with a bacon donut sandwich and a nutella latte.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Big grin

Yes, but things are getting better.  You can even get an "Egg White Delight" from Mcdonald's now.   Things are getting better.  Kind of like when it became possible in the 80's to buy a "Diet Coke" with your extra value meal.  ---- Things are looking up....  Wink

Gotta say, though, in their ads, McDonald's "healthy" items look even more disgusting than their "normal" ones.