doughnut bacon sandwich (Read 291 times)

Big grin

Yes, but things are getting better.  You can even get an "Egg White Delight" from Mcdonald's now.   Things are getting better.  Kind of like when it became possible in the 80's to buy a "Diet Coke" with your extra value meal.  ---- Things are looking up....  

Wink

Gotta say, though, in their ads, McDonald's "healthy" items look even more disgusting than their "normal" ones.

Here's the ingredients for the "Egg White Delight":

ENGLISH MUFFIN WITH 8 g WHOLE GRAIN

Allergens: WHEAT

Ingredients: Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Yeast, Maltodextrin, Cornmeal, Contains 2% Or Less: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Natural Flavor (Plant Source), Dough Conditioners (DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Tricalcium Phosphate, Enzymes), Calcium Citrate, Citric Acid, Wheat Starch, Torula Yeast, Caramel Color, Sorbitan Monostearate.

CONTAINS: WHEAT

EGG WHITES

Allergens: EGGS, SOY LECITHIN

Ingredients: Egg Whites.
    Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono-and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).

CONTAINS: EGGS, SOY LECITHIN

CANADIAN STYLE BACON

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite (Preservatives).

PASTEURIZED PROCESS WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE

Allergens: MILK AND SOY LECITHIN

Ingredients: Milk, Water, Cheese Culture, Cream, Sodium Citrate, Contains 2% or less of: Salt, Citric Acid, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), May Contain One or More of: Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Enzymes, Acetic Acid, Soy Lecithin (Added for Slice Separation).

CONTAINS: MILK AND SOY LECITHIN

LIQUID MARGARINE

Allergens: SOY LECITHIN Ingredients: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).

CONTAINS: SOY LECITHIN.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

IMO, McDonald's doesn't have "healthy" items, they have "healthy style" items!!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I did put "healthy" in quotation marks.  Well not "healthy", that would be ""healthy"".

Queen of 3rd Place

Beer ice cream. For dessert after that "healthy" breakfast.

http://shop.saltandstraw.com/products/chocolate-lovers-gift-pack

Ex runner

Gotta say, though, in their ads, McDonald's "healthy" items look even more disgusting than their "normal" ones.

I wonder how McDonalds defines "Style" in that "healthy style" statement. :-)

I must be honest though, I worked at McDonalds for a year 1988-1989.   At least back then, everything was pretty normal that we used.  Fresh eggs were used for all things (Took forever to crack hundreds of them for things that required scrambled eggs).  But lettuce was fresh, buns were buns, biscuits used to be made fresh in the mornings.   --- Not sure how much has changed.... I know the biscuits aren't fresh anymore!   But at least back then, normal ingredients were used, no 'eggs in a carton" or anything like that.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Way back when, my friend was shanghaied away from his degree program into McDonald's management. He constantly talked about the quality of their food. Thinking about it later, his definition of quality is different from mine.  I think for them, quality = consistency.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

"less than 2% high fructose corn syrup?!??"  That's just un-American.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Not to be outdone, now there's the Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe.

A Saucy Wench

Not to be outdone, now there's the Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe.

Now that does not sound good to me.  Sloppy Joes are already too sweet.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I agree. DD wins on this.

xhristopher

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes...or maybe it's the sweet ground beef I don't like, since I like pulled pork BBQ -- but I do tend to like the ones that are less sweet.  Hmmm...a tangier BBQ on Krispy Kremes....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have enjoyed SO many of these items... Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay