NYC Marathon 2012 (Read 2541 times)

NotNalb

Oдинокий бегун

Maybe not.  I can't find it on their website, but I do recall my former BFF saying that she was the last year of guaranteed so I looked around to confirm.  2012 may have been the last year they were doing three strikes according to this article.

I also just received my third annual lottery rejection email in a row, and I am counting on guaranteed entry in 2014.  It is confusing because the rule makers have changed positions a number of times, but I believe that the most recent statement says that we're in.  I saw the Dallas Morning News article that you cite, but it is dated in October, 2011, and refers to information that is necessarily older than that.  The following link (Link to 2013 Guaranteed Entry Guidelines) is to an NYRR site from the middle of 2012 which purports to set forth the guidelines for guaranteed entry for "2013 and beyond."  It states that "[a]pplicants denied entry for the three years 2011−2013 will be eligible for guaranteed entry in 2014."  It doesn't get any clearer than that.  If they change that rule this late in the game, that's just unfairly pulling the rug out from under us.

Julia1971

You're in for next year. They've confirmed it in replies on their FB page today that the 2011, 12, and 13 denied are in for 2014. The rules will not apply for 2015. Sorry for the confusion I caused on this.

I also just received my third annual lottery rejection email in a row, and I am counting on guaranteed entry in 2014.  It is confusing because the rule makers have changed positions a number of times, but I believe that the most recent statement says that we're in.  I saw the Dallas Morning News article that you cite, but it is dated in October, 2011, and refers to information that is necessarily older than that.  The following link (Link to 2013 Guaranteed Entry Guidelines) is to an NYRR site from the middle of 2012 which purports to set forth the guidelines for guaranteed entry for "2013 and beyond."  It states that "[a]pplicants denied entry for the three years 2011−2013 will be eligible for guaranteed entry in 2014."  It doesn't get any clearer than that.  If they change that rule this late in the game, that's just unfairly pulling the rug out from under us.

I am on the same path, declined in 2011, 2012, 2013, and from all that I have read, all of us who had our three strikes 2011-2013 will be guaranteed entry in 2014.   Everything I have seen indicates that the 2014 year will be honored for the 3 strikes.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Julia1971

You're in for next year.

I am on the same path, declined in 2011, 2012, 2013, and from all that I have read, all of us who had our three strikes 2011-2013 will be guaranteed entry in 2014.   Everything I have seen indicates that the 2014 year will be honored for the 3 strikes.

NotNalb

Oдинокий бегун

Hey, Julia, you didn't cause the confusion; it wasn't clear.  Personally, I won't truly relax until I get the email next April or May.  This works well for me, actually.  I am registered for Chicago this year, which I would have bagged (and forfeited my fee, since Chicago does not do deferrals) if I had gotten into NYC, but this is better.

You're in for next year. They've confirmed it in replies on their FB page today that the 2011, 12, and 13 denied are in for 2014. The rules will not apply for 2015. Sorry for the confusion I caused on this.

Julia1971

Glad it's going to work out for you...  I've been reading their FB page a lot over the last few days and a lot of people are asking about it so a lot of people are confused about it...  Between the lottery, the 2012 resolution, deferrals, 9+1s, 3-strikes, and qualifiers I don't know how NYRR keeps track of all of this.

Hey, Julia, you didn't cause the confusion; it wasn't clear.  Personally, I won't truly relax until I get the email next April or May.  This works well for me, actually.  I am registered for Chicago this year, which I would have bagged (and forfeited my fee, since Chicago does not do deferrals) if I had gotten into NYC, but this is better.