Commit to a sub-4 marathon in 2011 -- then run it (Read 4265 times)

Turbolegs

Hi!  Already posted on the other page but did 3:57:24 at Vancouver.

Congratz !!! I am going to take all this inspiration with me when i line up at Gold Coast in a couple of months time !! Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Missed 4 hours by 26+ minutes, I really shouldn't have even had it in my head.  I think I may have had a 4:15 in me if I didn't go out thinking I had a chance at going sub 4.  Either way it was a great experience and something I will use when I try for number 2.

Unfortunately work and vacation looks like it will keep me from trying again in 2011, but I already registered for NJ in 2012 and I have automatic entry to NYC next year also.  Need to get a lot more miles on my legs. 

Good job by everyone else who has reached their goal!

Turbolegs

Missed 4 hours by 26+ minutes, I really shouldn't have even had it in my head.  I think I may have had a 4:15 in me if I didn't go out thinking I had a chance at going sub 4.  Either way it was a great experience and something I will use when I try for number 2.

Unfortunately work and vacation looks like it will keep me from trying again in 2011, but I already registered for NJ in 2012 and I have automatic entry to NYC next year also.  Need to get a lot more miles on my legs. 

Good job by everyone else who has reached their goal!

Tough luck Phil. Saw your log and couldnt help notice that we have a few things in common (height, typical training speeds etc). There were 2 things that stood out .. your april was kinda erratic from a training standpoint so i am sure that didnt help too much. And as you run, you will shed a few pounds and that will only make you faster. So if you could run a 4:26 now, the going can only get better. A lot better. With disciplined training.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Fox Valley Marathon 9/18/2011

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Guys I am so sorry.

Flooding Data Centers are no fun.

I will update thread tonight or tomorrow morning.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

The year of base

I'd like to put myself down as well.  Tried this 2 years ago, ran 4:10.  Last year my training sucked (fell apart middle of the summer, basically ran sporadically until Oct, then stopped running until March 1.  Been committed since that point, and I'm going to break 4:00 this year come hell or high water.  Now I just need to get motivated for todays 10 miler...Undecided

Goals: Run 1400 miles

Marathon: sub 3:45

Half marathon: sub 1:40

10K: sub 42:00

5k: sub 20:00

Hello, I am new to the forum here, and have been reading through it. Very inspiring. I would like to throw my name into the hat. Doing the NYC marathon in November and this will be my second. Looking to get some good inspiration and encouragement from the group as well as offer where I can

Please feel free to check out my logs and offer comments

2011 Goals

Half Marathon: sub 2 hr

Marathon: sub 4hr

4 miles: sub 32 mins

10k: sub 60 mins

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hello, I am new to the forum here, and have been reading through it. Very inspiring. I would like to throw my name into the hat. Doing the NYC marathon in November and this will be my second. Looking to get some good inspiration and encouragement from the group as well as offer where I can

Your log is hidden.

Hi

I just changed a setting. Trying to backload all my times from Garmin but the laptop is acting up

2011 Goals

Half Marathon: sub 2 hr

Marathon: sub 4hr

4 miles: sub 32 mins

10k: sub 60 mins

Like me, Mister O, you need to start running!

Both of us have empty logs.....

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Run lots.  Mostly easy.  Sometimes fast.

Good lord, it's been 3 pages / 1 month since I last updated the thread.  I am so sorry, I didn't know it had been this long.  Please don't fire me.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

I'd like to put myself down as well.  Tried this 2 years ago, ran 4:10.  Last year my training sucked (fell apart middle of the summer, basically ran sporadically until Oct, then stopped running until March 1.  Been committed since that point, and I'm going to break 4:00 this year come hell or high water.  Now I just need to get motivated for todays 10 miler...Undecided

What is your goal race?

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

I will never let that happen again, the thread is fully updated now except TriangleIL. 

Work has been crazy, but I am finally having downtime now.  I haven't even had time to really log my runs (maybe for the better, because they have been shitty).

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I will never let that happen again, the thread is fully updated now except TriangleIL. 

Work has been crazy, but I am finally having downtime now.  I haven't even had time to really log my runs (maybe for the better, because they have been shitty).

It is not a paying gig.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/