Commit to a sub-4 marathon in 2011 -- then run it (Read 4265 times)

zonykel

Please add me to the list for another one:

Nov 6, Santa Clarita Marathon

Updated, good luck mattg and zonykel.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

Kultcha

Completed Gold Coast Airport Marathon in 3 hours 52 minutes (net).

congrats on a job well done!   very nice time

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Turbolegs

Didnt make it.

4:26:45 finish. On course until 25km. And then a mix of various issues, some predicted and others unforeseen put paid to sub 4 hopes. Know what i lack and hopefully can improve on that in the months to come. Will take yet another shot at sub-4 before the year is out.

Minor consolation: This was a pb by a full 12 seconds !!! Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Kultcha

Hey turbolegs it was a tough day at the office. The heat was a surprise it was carnage over the last 10k. Better luck next time!

Aces, congratulations.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

Congrats, good going.

In week 4 of my training for the NYC marathon in November. Working on building a strong base and then taking it from there. My motto is 'train hard, run easy'

2011 Goals

Half Marathon: sub 2 hr

Marathon: sub 4hr

4 miles: sub 32 mins

10k: sub 60 mins

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Not even close for me. My worst time ever of 4:52:31. I new going in it wasn't going to be good. A good time was still had. We'll see what the end of the year has to offer for another race.

Turbolegs

Not even close for me. My worst time ever of 4:52:31. I new going in it wasn't going to be good. A good time was still had. We'll see what the end of the year has to offer for another race.

Tough luck man. I cant see your splits on your log so dont know if there was a mid-race crash but nevertheless, this year still has a lot of opportunity to get on the 4 hr bus. Smile

Do write a race report and let us have it. All the best for your next one.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

wes1030m

I will be attempting to go sub-4 at the Chickamauga Marathon Nov 12, 2011.  My current PR is 5+, but that was my first marathon ever, and I've done a half in 1:52:??, so I am hopeful :-)

Training started today.  16 weeks to go!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I will be attempting to go sub-4 at the Chickamauga Marathon Nov 12, 2011.  My current PR is 5+, but that was my first marathon ever, and I've done a half in 1:52:??, so I am hopeful :-)

Training started today.  16 weeks to go!

Contemplating  Chickamauga.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Am I doing this right?

Missed this for some reason.  Way to go althaea35!

No excuses....

Updating thread shortly, sorry for being afk recently ... been seriously injured and just thinking about running is depressing.  I'm getting better though!  But so much time off, I feel like my legs are made out of glass.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012