Commit to a sub-4 marathon in 2011 -- then run it (Read 4265 times)

mcanyon

Hope the tendon is behaving and you have a good race this weekend!

Thank you Jen.

The knee is hit or miss right now.  I am going to try taping it with KT Tape and see how that works.

Thank you Jen.

The knee is hit or miss right now.  I am going to try taping it with KT Tape and see how that works.

Good luck man.  Hope it all turns out well.  I have a crap load of KT tape that is about to get some use.  I'm dealing with a bum knee now too so I feel your pain.  Although my next race is only a HM and it's not until March so I have time.   

Hey there Big Boy,

like workn2bfaster I too will be running the Vancouver marathon on May 1st 2011.

First ever marathon for me and a sub 4hr would be a great start (or finish, whichever way you look at it).

You're in, welcome.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

Throw my name on the list please. Going for sub-4 at the Mount Desert Island Marathon in October. Completed my first marathon this last November in 4:01:19 (Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon). MDI is hilly I hear (so was Chickamauga), and that's hard to train for here in Florida, but I'm up for the challenge.

Okay you're in. How is it going to work out with your peak volume being August-ish in Florida? Are you just going to become a vampire or what?

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

Good luck mcanyon!  I know the feeling of going into a race not 100%.  Hoping some great things happen for you tomorrow. 

Yes +1 Good luck.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

MMEsq

I'm a little late to the party, but pleas add me to the list.

National Marathon - March 26

MMEsq

MarathonManEsq

Okay you're in. How is it going to work out with your peak volume being August-ish in Florida? Are you just going to become a vampire or what?

Not sure. The heat and/or humidity is rough, especially in August. Early, early morning is best, but that means getting out of bed. I'll find a way, I'm on the list now!

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm in, I just don't have a marathon picked out.  I heard that might be important.  It'll be sometime in the fall.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Thanks everyone.  A little nervous being my first marathon.  Starting to question whether or not I am prepared enough.  Especially because the last three weeks were kinda screwed up do to my injury.

If you would have asked me a month ago, I would have said it would be no problem.  Now there is a lot of doubt in my mind.  But, I am just going to get a good night sleep, and go out there tomorrow and give it my all.

Thanks everyone.  A little nervous being my first marathon.  Starting to question whether or not I am prepared enough.  Especially because the last three weeks were kinda screwed up do to my injury.

If you would have asked me a month ago, I would have said it would be no problem.  Now there is a lot of doubt in my mind.  But, I am just going to get a good night sleep, and go out there tomorrow and give it my all.

And when you finish tomorrow, just think of all the confidence you'll come away with considering your last three weeks have not been ideal.

Not sure. The heat and/or humidity is rough, especially in August. Early, early morning is best, but that means getting out of bed. I'll find a way, I'm on the list now!

My husband and I have a family training slogan--Beat the sun!!!   We begin all our runs in the 0330 range in the summer.  Especially LRs.   It's the only way we found we could keep a quality in our training during the brutal summer months here on the Gulf Coast.

Trust me, even with no deviations to your training plan, you'd be worried that you weren't prepared.  Those nerves are all part of it.  Let us know how you go, good luck!