Seasonal Allergies (Read 707 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kimmie, I've had good luck with Nasacort AQ and Flonase...plus Flonase is generic. I think the Nasacort may have worked a bit better...but at $40/month I couldn't justify it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

My allergist told me that if everyone used a neti pot, he'd go out of business. I bought a neti pot. I've not been back to see him. So....get a neti pot, and rinse your sinuses twice a day. It's not fun to duche your nose...but better than drugs.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

That's a LOT of green! Yes
        Zoom-Zoom, do you think it will ever get green here? Watching the news...it is snowing right now. I have year round allergies and have been using a nasal steriod spray called Bechinase (sp?) for many moons. It is fabulous.
        March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom-Zoom, do you think it will ever get green here? Watching the news...it is snowing right now.
          I don't know...I'm starting to wonder. I am still seeing patchy snow in shady areas and deep ditches. Sheesh! I'm actually kind of looking forward to going down to visit my MIL towards the latter part of the week. They are generally 3-4 weeks ahead of us in terms of blooming, so there should be green and temps warm enough to actually pack a couple of running skirts and maybe leave my tights at home....halle-frickin-lujah! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Former runner

I don't know...I'm starting to wonder. I am still seeing patchy snow in shady areas and deep ditches. Sheesh! I'm actually kind of looking forward to going down to visit my MIL towards the latter part of the week. They are generally 3-4 weeks ahead of us in terms of blooming, so there should be green and temps warm enough to actually pack a couple of running skirts and maybe leave my tights at home....halle-frickin-lujah! Tongue
            My BIL was mowing his yard on the north side on Indy this weekend. Another 90 miles north and my grass is starting to grow but it will be a couple more weeks. Although this snow today won't help much. I was hoping to put away my gloves and knit hat for the season. Angry

Ross