MapMyRun vs. RunKeeper (Read 348 times)

SERVANT warrior

Running with my wife, it makes no noticeable difference which app I use, the results are always different.

Yesterday, I used MapMyRun, logging 3.67 miles, whereas she used RunKeeper, logging 3.70. Today, I we both used RunKeeper, where I logged 3.89 miles, and she logged 4.04. We use the same model phones on the same carrier. Our time and distance using different apps happened to be more accurate.

Nevertheless, the deviations are anomalies within the global positioning system and not necessarily the apps. Although GPS is more accurate today than 20 years ago, those of you who have used GPS 20 years ago may remember how your coordinates would fluctuate sporadically, even when you were standing still.

WEB | PHOTO | WRITE | MARKETING | VIDEO | DESIGN
    Off Road - Action Sports - Motorsports - Soccer - Outdoors - Baja - Family

SERVANT warrior

Inadvertent duplicate post.

WEB | PHOTO | WRITE | MARKETING | VIDEO | DESIGN
      Off Road - Action Sports - Motorsports - Soccer - Outdoors - Baja - Family

Lyerin

I broke up with MapMyRun (and we aren't talking because I'm still mad) because after the most recent update, I couldn't get it to load anymore.  Booooooooo!!!

I'm now using RunKeeper, and it seems to be fairly accurate.  I think the differences are pretty small.