ITBS/Runners Knee? (Read 556 times)

Last weekend ran a half felt great and set a PR. Tried a little diferent technique going down hills and sprinted to the finish. However, since my first recovery run on Tuesday I have been having discomfort on the outside of my left knee. In addition, there is discomfort on the top inside of the same knee. I as planning to begin training for a full marathon starting the week of June using PF18/55. Loking for some advice: Should I continue to run and slow my pace but maintain my distances? (Discomfort is not as strong in doing this.) Stop running for a period and pick back gradually? If so for how long? Thanks
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You are not alone...I'm dealing with knee issues, too (as are several other folks around here). I've been doing some quad-strengthening exercises that will help in the long-term, but in the meantime continuing to run on my knee is not helping it to heal. So I'm planning to take probably 3 days completely off from running (which is not going to help the weight loss issues during this holiday weekend--ugh). I have a 5k in a week that I hope doesn't cause a flare up, since I start my own marathon training a week from Monday.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Started doing more streching for IT throughout the day. Also doing some quad strengthening. Took yesterday off and did a 12.5K very easy today. Focused on keeping heart range in target. Much slower but only some discomfort on the downhills. I will continue to monitor.