I failed (by a lot) to break 16 minutes (Read 519 times)

My theory about using a 50k to build up the strength to go sub-16 for the first time seems to have fallen flat on its face. I ran an average time (for this year) with a 1 second season PR of 16:37. A little disappointing, but the only 5k I still plan on running this year is a cross country race in a few weeks that will probably not be as quick. It is part of the Maine Grand Prix, so I want to score a few more points as I will not be running the last couple of races when I head to DC for the MCM. My team did really well today, though. My 16:37 didn't even get me listed as times were age and gender graded. One of my teammates won the race and didn't even score for us! We have one of the best masters teams in the country; our top 3 runners after age/gender grading were ahead of the second place team's first runner. Having a guy in his 50s that can run low-16s is a great asset for races like this. More info if you are interested: Run to Win Race Photos (I'm #11 and #59): Maine Running Photos

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Hey, live and learn right? Still a great time, and a season PR can't be all that bad, you didn't trip and chip a tooth or anything. And most importantly, who are you flipping off in pic 11?

And most importantly, who are you flipping off in pic 11?
        Heh, I hadn't even noticed that! There was nobody near me in the race, so it must have been a spectator that I saw out of the corner of my eye and my subconscious decided that I didn't like...'cuz I can't think of anybody specifically that I would have wanted to sign at! Heheh. A picture got added to the start, so for those confused and looking now the pictures are #12 and #60 now.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)