Post Race Party (Read 399 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Could you provide shower/clean-up facilities?  I'd find that a strong draw.

+1

Unless I lived close by where the party was being hosted I might not feel like driving back once I was home (I live out in the sticks).

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

On On

Could you provide shower/clean-up facilities?  I'd find that a strong draw.

Do most people shower before heading to the beer tent / bar / friends house after a run before hanging out?   Are you trying to look pretty?  Or do you smell that bad?  (Serious question).

I met my wife at a run and we went out for drinks immediately after.  Have done it hundreds of times since that first time.  Neither of us are stinky after a run but I have met some people that are.

A Saucy Wench

Do most people shower before heading to the beer tent / bar / friends house after a run before hanging out?   Are you trying to look pretty?  Or do you smell that bad?  (Serious question).

I met my wife at a run and we went out for drinks immediately after.  Have done it hundreds of times since that first time.  Neither of us are stinky after a run but I have met some people that are.

It isnt about the smell so much as I get super freezing cold, even in warm weather if I dont shower post run.    I'll go out for a drink or something maybe, but I wouldnt stay long without a shower.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

On On

It isnt about the smell so much as I get super freezing cold, even in warm weather if I dont shower post run.    I'll go out for a drink or something maybe, but I wouldnt stay long without a shower.

Do you change?  I put on dry clothes when I stop sweating.  I may still have the sweat on my body but I am not actively sweating.  And then hit the bathroom at the bar and wash my face.

A Saucy Wench

Do you change?  I put on dry clothes when I stop sweating.  I may still have the sweat on my body but I am not actively sweating.  And then hit the bathroom at the bar and wash my face.

Even if I change clothes I shiver until I shower.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

#artbydmcbride

I like to shower and lie down for a while (after a marathon)  then fix my hair and put on some makeup before socializing at a party.

My favorite marathon is on Superbowl Sunday and the festivities don't start right away after the race (gun time 7:30 am) so it is just right to get there by 1 pm.

Julia, shall I bring my guacamole?

Runners run

Ultra Cowboy

Give me a couple hours after a full marathon and I can be ready to party.  If it is a destination race, I'll head back to the hotel, shower, nap and clean up.

HM's, I'm usually famished at the finish.  There is an extra 2 hours so I might be able to get something done that day.  I'd eat, drink a beer and take off.

WYBMADIITY

Save

delicate flower

I'd love to go to a post-marathon party.  I'd say give it a couple of hours though.  So if folks are going to be crossing the finish line around noon, make it a 2:00 party start, but tell people they can come sooner if they'd like.  Also, make sure you have plenty of chairs.  Big grin  I'd hate to have to stand around after running a marathon.

<3

Julia1971

Thanks everyone for the input.  I didn't want to comment earlier because I didn't want to skew the results in this very scientific poll.

Looks like I'll be going with later in the afternoon and seeing if those who don't think they'll want to head back out will stick around for a quick post-race beer at the official race party.