*drool* (Read 505 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

(fixed broken link)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, look at that keyboard! *faints*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

The image link is broken for me...
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I will be getting one in Octoberish, after Leopard comes out. Big grin Glad to see iLife and iWork 08 finally came out. Glass monitor? Hmmm, sounds like they are getting ready for a multitouch iMac...
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Another iWant.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Another iWant.
              Another weWants Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

maybe my computer problems turned up at just the right time - WoW!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

The new iMAC is anorexic. That computer would be great for someone looking to have less computer clutter.... hopefully they'll do some slimming down on peripherals too.

Vim

Scout7

I don't get the big deal. Where's the dvd/cd drive(s)? What if I wanna upgrade the memory? Or the processor? Or the power supply? It's like a laptop that I can't actually take anywhere....
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't get the big deal. Where's the dvd/cd drive(s)? What if I wanna upgrade the memory? Or the processor? Or the power supply? It's like a laptop that I can't actually take anywhere....
                      Owning the current model, I can say that it's wonderful from a space saving, aesthetic, and clutter standpoint. I even have the wireless keyboard and mouse, so that's two less wires. CD/DVD drive is that slot on the side. If you're a tinkerer (upgrading the processor or the power supply), you're probably not buying a Mac anyway, but at least adding memory is a snap for this one -- one small screw on the bottom removes a small plate to allow for more memory. Besides, comes with 2.0~2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo processor -- who needs to upgrade? (I'm not a gamer or pro, so I don't need a 32-core liquid Helium-cooled processor with a 20,000rpm turbo fan) Not gonna get into the PC vs. Mac argument. Nah gah dah.

Scout7

I'm not looking at it from an OS standpoint. And it's not so much the tinkering aspect. Just that I know drives go bad, and when they do, I want to know that I can get it fixed with minimal downtime. Space-saving comes at a price, sure. I just don't see why this is so amazing, other than the fact that it's a Mac. Technologically, it's not earth-shattering.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Where's the dvd/cd drive(s)? -it is there What if I wanna upgrade the memory? -you should not need to, but if you want to, then just open the back up. Or the processor? -you should not need to, but if you want to, then just open the back up. Or the power supply? -you should not need to, but if you want to, then just open the back up. It's like a laptop that I can't actually take anywhere.... -A buddy had a question about his so he slipped the iMac in his bag and brought it to me. Just like a laptop. Just that I know drives go bad, and when they do, I want to know that I can get it fixed with minimal downtime. -Just open the back. No issue. But I have NEVER heard of a Mac drive going bad (whereas every-other-Dell drive goes bad) Technologically, it's not earth-shattering. -Perhaps, but design is very important AND the OS is very intuitive for many people. Unlike Vista. Or even XP.
                          Scout7

I was avoiding anything software related. Computer components go bad. Fact of life, even on Macs. I want to replace what gets broken. That's just me. I can carry my desktop around, too. And for the record, I've seen other pc's with almost the exact same form factor (everything bundled into the monitor). Again, it's not new. Not sure how the OS determines the form factor.
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, bundled together it is not new. When it came out it was. There were a couple others at the time, but they looked VERY hacky next to the iMac. Now it is just an improvement. A very sexy one. And if something breaks, the back of the iMac opens and it can be fixed. Easily. And while even Mac components break down, it is uncommon. About 80% of Dells in my experience have had something break, and often it is serious (e.g., motherboard). Interestingly, the Dell which I am using right now has served me remarkably well for about 6 years now and needs NO upgrading. But the three others in my life have not fared so well. My Macs? Never any problem. And that includes 2 laptops that I have treated worse than I treat my running shoes.
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

(kinda reminds me of defending something else which needs no defense, Harry Potter...just another high quality piece of work that some people refuse to understand just for the sake of avoiding it...I use both PC and Mac and I read both Potter and Proust, but in each case one is far more fun and yet both options can be equally fulfilling...)