LA Marathon Race Report (Read 784 times)

Dog-Love

Nice job runchirun. I am not sure I could finish after a shot of tequilla but beer...might be a nice touch!
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      congrats! sounds like a great race and a fun time. Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

Sounds like you had so much fun! Thanks for sharing. I can't imagine my stomach dealing well with the beer or shot while running...but odds are that I'd be willing to try! Smile

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

Not to thread jack but...
          OH, so now you're "jack"in threads? Is that morally better then killin' them?

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

muse_runner

keep running.

OH, so now you're "jack"in threads? Is that morally better then killin' them?
            hahahah! damn I'm getting attacked on all fronts huh? With my moral/morale illness.... I guess I'm running to the depths of the earth now--hopefully I can crawl out of the abyss.... I just need the bunny to fall sick Smile p.s.Jlynn you *totally* assisted the thread jack here Smile nice assist!
            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

You'll ruin your knees!

A pox on the pace bunny bunny! Muse, you're welcome... Deb, great race and very nice report...my sincere apologies for aiding and abetting the hijackment of your race report post Blush

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Now that was a bath...

Great report. It took me a while to get around to reading it because I couldn't bear reading the racing forum whilst I wasn't running - so apologies for the late response! You did awesome. It's such a fantastic achievement to finish a marathon and it's always inspirational for those of us who haven't done it yet to read from those of you that have. Congrats! Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                bas

Another late reaction - I haven't been around much on RA the last week... But congrats! So you were right to go through with this after all. I'm glad you made it into a great experience. What's more, I'm jealous! Now I *will* have to run a marathon sometime... bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East