what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

I love it when this thread pops up now and then 'cause I end up with a 15 minute laughing break at Riggs' photo...   

I think we should put in a request to Eric to have Riggs' photo set as the RA wallpaper!  Gaurantee will have more "happy" posts as hard to be in a bad mood looking at that photo.

btw, BuckeyeChamp, you look a little stunned that you were already at the finishe line!  

"Stunned" ... doooh .... I was going for "Strong" as remembered the tips from reading this thread (do not hit garmin, not cheesey pose as never turn out , run until you get through the cameraman).  Now the picture 30 seconds later of me crawling now that would be better

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

JimR

Oh dear lord...

Photo courtesy of jimrhoades.com

Runners run

jeffdonahue

I think my face looks okay, but just realizing how screwed up my left calf looks.

"Run with your legs, not with your face!" - Evritt, Grounds Keeper, Clarkstown H.S. North

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Typical finishing face.  After 26 hours of running in the rain, there's no point in sprinting it in, so I grabbed my son out of the running stroller and crossed the line with him.  He still talks about how much fun it was... a year later.  

Priceless.  Very nice, man. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Purdey

Self anointed title

I miss this thread. Sigh.

xor

You are welcome.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

10+ minute HM personal worst...with Jen/Knifey at my left.  Most fun I have ever had "racing."  First time ever that I paid for a fun run...worth every penny of the $135 registration fee.  This was just yards before the finish line:

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

I miss this thread. Sigh.

I don't.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I don't.

I noticed that many of your posts were deleted.....

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

10+ minute HM personal worst...

Well gee, your cycling form is terrible, no wonder. You're supposed to bend forward and hold onto the handlbars, or drops, or tribars, or whatever. Showing off "no hands" is not for racing.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hey, nice marmot!

This is my best finishing photo. I have the look of gritting my teeth through pain and determination. (I was still getting over the stomach flu.) The other guy looks like he is having a stroke.  

This thread delivers.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

SMART Approach

No clue how to do this.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

#artbydmcbride

upload your pic to tinypic.com, then post the url here.

Runners run