what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

bhearn

Good one!

Wing

Joggaholic

It looked like I needed to run harder...

Miro Perez Photography: Frankenthon2012 &emdash; Bib-075

Ain't nothin' wrong with enjoying yourself: 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

npaden

Here's my finish face from my 5K Saturday.  The little boy running behind me is my son running to congratulate me, not a race participant, although I think I got beat by a 12 year old girl in the last 5K race I ran!

When I was uploading this one to post here I saw this one from a race back this summer.  I actually feel like I look pretty good in this picture.  I guess having sunglasses to cover up my face and a hat to cover up my gray hair and the fact that I'm starting to go bald really helps!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Why is it sideways?

I couldn't find you or your son in the first picture.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I couldn't find you or your son in the first picture.

Heh. Took me a minute to get that. But then, I am a little slow. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Why is it sideways?

Wink

Sweet pics. Love the head tilt -- hopefully some of that data that's been clogging your brain fell out of your ear in the last stretch!

Here's my finish face from my 5K Saturday.  The little boy running behind me is my son running to congratulate me, not a race participant, although I think I got beat by a 12 year old girl in the last 5K race I ran!

When I was uploading this one to post here I saw this one from a race back this summer.  I actually feel like I look pretty good in this picture.  I guess having sunglasses to cover up my face and a hat to cover up my gray hair and the fact that I'm starting to go bald really helps!

Where was the race in the second pic? I noticed your WTRC bib.
                  npaden

That was the firecracker race in Brownfield. 

I've been running in most of the West Texas Running Club races this year.  I live just outside of Lubbock and work in Lubbock.

They have folks who take pictures at pretty much every race.  I have noticed the head tilt and thought it just happened to be the picture I was looking at but just about every finish pic I have of me has the same head tilt.  Not sure what to make of it.  I do have schollosis due to one leg being about 1/2 shorter than the other but I wouldn't think I would tilt my head the entire time I ran.  Maybe it's just the finish kick when I tilt my head.  LOL.

I also noticed in one of the pictures my wife took on the last race that I was heel striking.  It was toward the end of the race right about when I was starting to kick so not sure if that is part of it or if I really do heel strike when I run.  Based on my shoe wear I hadn't thought that I did and I run at least a couple times a week in minimalist shoes so I didn't think I was a heel striker but the picture was pretty conclusive.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

npaden

Kind of interesting.  The first picture was taken by the person at the finish line and this picture was taken by my wife.  You can see her in the first picture if you look back there.  This shows my son chasing after me a little better.  Kind of neat with the picture my wife took even catching the flash of the other camera as they took their picture.

That's cool, and very cute of your son running behind you. I check the Lubbock race calendar from time to time so I can see if there's anything I'm interested in entering. We have mostly 5ks here in Amarillo, with a few longer ones once in awhile.
                        beat

Break on through

You may have heard of oxygen debt.  This is me, overdrawn at the oxygen bank...

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

done

This is my best finishing photo. I have the look of gritting my teeth through pain and determination. (I was still getting over the stomach flu.) The other guy looks like he is having a stroke.

So, I'm new to the forums and spending some time checking out the place and I see this.  Then I keep reading and continue to see this photo quoted over and over.  Each time, I snort coffee into my sinuses.  If I require medical intervention, this picture is at fault.  I love it.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  New to RA.  Love this thread.

Here is one of mine.  I suspect the photographer fell while I was crossing the finish line but it ended up being a favorite of mine:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

So, I'm new to the forums and spending some time checking out the place and I see this.  Then I keep reading and continue to see this photo quoted over and over.  Each time, I snort coffee into my sinuses.  If I require medical intervention, this picture is at fault.  I love it.

That pic was voted by a group of experts as the best finish picture of all time.  And those experts cannot be wrong.