Just have to brag! (Read 514 times)

I realized today that I have been running for more than 6 months now! This is the longest ever I have stuck with any kind of exercise program on my own (I swam competitively from 6yrs old to college- but it is different when you have a coach telling you what to do, how to do it, and when to do it). Not only have I been running for more than 6 months I am still really loving it- although my DH thinks I am getting pretty obsessive with reading books about running, constantly looking up running stuff on the internet, etc... Thats it- I just had to brag!
    obiebyke

Nice!!!! Way to stick with it. Here's to many many happy years of running to come.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Congratulations! You have every right to brag - it takes a lot to keep up with a training program. It's a good thing that running is so enjoyable since it's so addictive. Smile

Michelle

pandajenn19

That is an accomplishment that few people who embark on a fitness program can claim, so you should definitely be proud! Good for you. Smile It just gets better and better after this, too!
            Way to go, holo!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hooray! Good going. Keep up the good work!

Life is Good

I realized today that I have been running for more than 6 months now! This is the longest ever I have stuck with any kind of exercise program on my own (I swam competitively from 6yrs old to college- but it is different when you have a coach telling you what to do, how to do it, and when to do it). Not only have I been running for more than 6 months I am still really loving it- although my DH thinks I am getting pretty obsessive with reading books about running, constantly looking up running stuff on the internet, etc... Thats it- I just had to brag!
                Congrats! keep it up, running is addictive...I think the reading keeps one motivated also, so keep reading too..and good luck in the New Year! Smile

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

My legs are killing me

Great job! I kind of get a kick out of going to the gym this time of year because it's packed with what I like to call "3 weekers" . Gung ho for 3 weeks and then you never see them again. Starting to exercise is easy. Sticking with it is very hard. Way to go!

Maggie & Molly

Good for you!!!!! It has now become an addiction!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

That's awesome! Persistence and consistency is the key to success - looks like you've got those down.