Added advantage of holiday season weight gain (Read 895 times)

Fool

On yesterday's run, I experienced a personal first that had me giggling all day. Maybe it was the weight gain, but for the first time ever I registered on one of those radar speed displays in town. YOUR SPEED 6 MPH It was only up for a second, but I looked at my garmin and shouted back, "SIX POINT FOUR". Big grin
      This could be the greatest post I've seen in a long time. I wish I were that lucky. Big grin
      Mishka-old log

This could be the greatest post I've seen in a long time. I wish I were that lucky. Big grin
        You wrote what I thought, but didn't write. Seriously...great post. That is hilarious.
          YOUR SPEED 6 MPH
          So were you exceeding the posted limit?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have totally got to find one of those things, now! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

redleaf

very cool!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Heh, I run by one all the time during my route from my gym. It always flashes 6...7...6...7...6...7. One of these days I'm gonna sprint and see how high I can get it Big grin.

Fool

So were you exceeding the posted limit?
                  Actually the speed limit is 30 for this stretch. I wonder if I can find one that photographs violations and see if I can be ticketed for going too slow. I would frame that picture and ticket. Glad you all got a kick out of it too.
                  Jill_B

I fly.

I have totally got to find one of those things, now! Big grin
                    There is one right by my house that's been there for over a month. One day it said 4 (my garmin had me at a 9 min/mile pace) - the next day it said 9. Every other time I've passed it it says 7. I don't think it's spot on when it comes to people v. cars.

Bring it on.

There is one that is used occasionaly in my neighborhood. I haven't been able to get it to register while I run. I always thought it would be a good avatar to get a picture while I sprint at it and hope a passing car would set it off at something over the 25 mph speed limit (which is on a sign directly above the radar display). But then I realized I'd have to ask my wife to stand around and take pictures of this foolishness. And I lose the motivation to try.