I must be running the wrong way (Read 881 times)

I ran a 10 mile loop around the Charles River tonight (8:10 pace) beginning at 6:00 ... office (Prudential Center) to Museum of Science up Cambridge side to BB&N and back to office (Boston side) without passing or being passed by a single runner other than runners (hundreds of them) running the other way. There were probably 1000 runners (or more) running the river this evening. It's like Menino and the mayor of Cambridge sent out a memo that all runners should run the river clockwise and, as usual, I didn't get the word!
    sluggo

John

Maybe all the people running counterclockwise were running at exactly your pace! You would never pass one of them...

John
      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

If saw 1000 people running in one direction, I think I'd be more concerned about what was chasing them. Wink Tom
          Well, how do you know you're not right and they are wrong?
          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
            Pretty sure that run fast, turn left is the right way to go. BTW Jay, Tuesday's results are posted.
            If saw 1000 people running in one direction, I think I'd be more concerned about what was chasing them. Wink Tom
            It's one of the great things about running along the Charles Tom, unless you're a ridiculously early riser or the weather is total crap you have TONS of company. It's rather an odd distance, but they are resurrecting an old favorite. The New Charles River Run is June 29th for all you river runners.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

In addition to the hundreds of normal Charles runners, the Somerville Striders do Thursday night runs - some themed - out of the Marsh Post every Thursday night. You probably timed that perfectly to hit them last night. It's a fun group, drop by and run with us sometime (disclaimer: I haven't been in a couple weeks). http://www.baevents.com/marshpost442/calendar.html

dork.major dork.

My roommate and I have wondered at what hours and weather conditions there is no one there, since we passed a couple people one morning when it was, for lack of a better precipitation category, icing. Probably they were all out there accruing HTFU-points, like ourselves. Big grin

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

I'd have worn myself out with all the polite nods and "Mornin"s. Maybe you could print "Mornin'" on your shirt and you wouldn't actually have to say it all 1000 runners. Yep, that's how I'd do it. Smile Seriously, I'm from New Mexico, where nobody runs. A couple of years ago I was staying at the Royal Sonesta, and man, there were a lot of runners around the Charles and MIT. I finally got the whole Boston runner thing.
                  Do bears bear? Do bees be?