Track and Field Clubs? (Read 512 times)

Do these exist? I'm not talking about those elite clubs that train Olympians...just something like your neighborhood running club, but for track! The thread about what do you miss that you used to do but no longer do running hit home! Sometimes I'd kill to sprint and jump over stuff (hurdles) and into stuff (sand)!! Has anyone ever heard of something like this? I'm pretty sure it does not exist where I live, in Southern California, but I'm curious about whether other places have something like this!
    Scout7

Kimmie

My running group has track workouts throughout the summer. I would guess that many running clubs offer something like this. good luck! Where do you live?
          Thanks. I live in L.A. I had already checked out the USATF's resources and their track clubs are all running clubs (one or two street runs per week + an interval workout) or for little kids or REALLY FAST people! The Philly club sounds neat--it's where I grew up so if I ever move back (and I'll be 30+ by the time that would happen), it is definitely something to remember!

You might want to try checking into the RRCA as well, or your local running store. The best way would be to find some local track meets and see who shows up. http://news.runtowin.com/2008/04/14/local-running-clubs.html

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I train with a track club. And while there's a few fast kids, definitely no current or near-future olympians. I actually usually only do fast stuff with them a couple times a week, and sometimes do my long run with them, but they usually do long stuff slower than I do.