Mental Prep (Read 964 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmmmmm... Passing a kidney stone perhaps. Shocked
    Yeah, hubby had one a few years back. I have heard that the pain is very similar to childbirth. At least after childbirth one gets a baby. All he has is a little, useless rock in a vial...but maybe it does make him tougher as a cyclist...? Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I think part of it is language. I don't use words like "pain" or "hurt" even in my own mind to describe what happens when racing. To me this is the language of failure and defeat. Racing does not hurt, it is intense. When things start to get intense in a race I am happy because this is the time to make something of all my preparation. When the intensity starts to set in it is time to focus because only when things get intense do I have an opportunity to accomplish something meaningful to me in running. My best races did not hurt at all, but they were quite intense.
      I like this description. Reminds me of how I feel during an intensive stretching session. You kind of go into the pain until all that's in your world is the stretch... It's great for the endorphins, too... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

mikeymike

I've never passed a kidney stone or given birth--though I've witnessed childbirth from close proximity four times. I'm guessing it's closer to childbirth than the kidney stone since at the end you have something you wanted, something worth working for.

Runners run

Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Wingz

Professional Noob

Tease.

Roads were made for journeys...