Tear jerker (Read 618 times)

mikeymike

Yeah saw that this morning. That last line just about finished me off. Damn.

Runners run

Goosebumps... What a sad, beautiful article. ... what a tragic ending to an inspired life.
      2009: BQ?
      btb1490

so sad and so well written.. My heart pours out to Alicia
          That last line did me in too. Wow. What a history of events.

Michelle

What an article! Thanks Trent.
            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
              The universe is indeed mysterious, some rotten humans live to be 100. Every once in a while, we need a reminder that tomorrow is promised to no-one. Enjoy today folks.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

You'll ruin your knees!

Standing in the aftermath of activites focused totally on reviving a loved one who's heart has stopped is an experience that will never be forgotten by those who have experienced it. A hole through the middle of your soul yearns to be filled with some sign, some slight movement to suggest the experts are wrong...some of you have been there, some haven't... Hug those close to you, please. God bless his family and friends. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

This brought a tear to my eye (again). We were there watching the race and jogged right beside him soon after he fell. Several people were attending to him, holding his legs up, and he looked ill. I was shocked to hear after the race that he died. Sad.