UPDATE: POST RACE and Cheffy's heel issue (Read 404 times)

First of all, A million Thank-You's won't even begin to scratch the surface of the gratitude I have for all of you who sent such nice notes of congratulations and concern for me. One never expects to find such love on an Internet Message Board, and I certainly feel as though this community at RA is an extension of family. Went to see an Orthopedic Sports Doc today. X-rays show NO TEARS, NO FRACTURES!! Big grin In fact, they really can't tell me WHAT happened to it. As far as they can sum up, they are calling it a case of good ole fashioned Heel Tendonitis, but are cautiously approaching it as beginning plantar fasciitis. Even though I don't present any symptoms of PF because the pain is located in the nerve compartment of the inside of the heel, just behind the ankle bone. Treatment: A LOVELY fashionable piece of footware made of velcro and hard as crap plastic,( AKA " The BOOT") a Rx for some Naproxen, and 2-4 weeks of no running, with a follow up in 2 weeks for secondary x-rays to re-confirm no late appearing stress fractures. Although the Doctor beleives it would be highly unlikely, said I have good looking foot bones.... Confused This in conjuction with PF stretching exercises, and continued RICE. One thing Certain, I am looking into making some changes in relation to foot strike, and shoes that will hopefully keep this from ever happening again, because even though I am relieved it is nothing major, it still hurts like a SOB... Angry Healing both Inside and Out~ Cheffy

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Yea! No tears or fractures! Big grin Sorry you still hurt but nice to hear it! Take care of yourself!
        Yippee! I'm so glad it's not terribly serious! I've been thinking of you while I am "semi-hobbling" around this week, too. I'm all sore and stove-up, shins killing me, etc. Tongue I'm definately on a step back week, and like somebody else said, my get up and go got up and went a couple days ago. Keep us updated! Take care!

Another Passion

Glad to hear that it doesn't seem to be anything majorly wrong... you know like requiring foot amputation and whatnot. Thanks for the update and heal up! Wink I kinda pegged you as one to have some fine-lookin' foot bones. Shhhh... don't tell Mr. Cheffy. Blush

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com