Trent's Flying Monkeys are famous! (Read 826 times)

Go Pre!

Came home to find my new issue of Runner's World in the mail. What to my wondering eyes should appear....A Race Report on Trent's Flying Monkey Marathon. And another one of our most illustrious colorful RA members gracing the pages with his fine running form. (who? well, I will protect his identity.) Great report too. Congrats on deserved recognition Trent!

Imminent Catastrophe

Came home to find my new issue of Runner's World in the mail. What to my wondering eyes should appear....A Race Report on Trent's Flying Monkey Marathon. And another one of our most illustrious colorful RA members gracing the pages with his fine running form. (who? well, I will protect his identity.) Great report too. Congrats on deserved recognition Trent!
      Hey, I've been in Marathon & Beyond and now Runner's World. So now I'm like a celeb, right?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Go Pre!

Perfessor, you are in that pic as well? I recognized our Gorilla man, but I have never seen your mug. So yes, you are a celeb in the running world anyway.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The PerfesserR does appear in the RW main picture: Who can pick him out? Ha, thanks guys. It is really exciting to see it in RW and M&B! Y'all make sure to go out and support these fine magazines! Big grin

Another Passion

My guess is Perfesser is the Dorothy look-a-like. Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Go Pre!

look alike???? you mean that's not the real Dorothy????

Another Passion

look alike???? you mean that's not the real Dorothy????
                No, Dave. The real Dorothy retired to Canada and died of alcohol poisoning after her little Oz LSD trip. Silly man! Roll eyes

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Go Pre!

No, Dave. The real Dorothy retired to Canada and died of alcohol poisoning after her little Oz LSD trip. Silly man! Roll eyes
                  Ahh, I see, so sad, the real Dorothy never got to experience Trent's epic race. I would like to run this one day. No, I will not dress as the Tin Man!
                  JakeKnight

Trent organized a marathon? For realz?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Prophet!

Trent organized a marathon? For realz?
                      GETM 2X
                      JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Imminent Catastrophe

Nah, I look better than that in a dress. Tight lipped Hint. Bright yellow Marathon Maniacs hat.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Maniac

Yeah...As soon as I read the Race Report in Runner's World, I thought "No way that can be the same race." But then they had quotes from "Race Director Trent", so I knew that it was.... Your race will become more popular now Trent....Feeling any pressure to raise the cap above 200?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pressure to raise the cap? Do you really think there are more than 200 people fool enough to run this thing? Come on, have some faith in your fellow humanity.

Maniac

Pressure to raise the cap? Do you really think there are more than 200 people fool enough to run this thing? Come on, have some faith in your fellow humanity.
                                The race report did make it sound like Hell on Earth...However, it also made it sound like a lot of fun....

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy