For the rest of the year I resolve to.... (Read 660 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Start every day anew. Keep my running appointments with myself. Allow myself to enjoy holiday celebrations using moderation. What are yours?

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, this is a great thread! • Figure out what's messing with my metabolism (hopefully thyroid test will help get to the bottom of this) • Lose 5+#s (still want to see 20 go buh-bye) • Eating with moderation • Get my miles back up in the 20/week range + a day or two of kickboxing/week. • Make resolutions for 2007 that I will actually keep, for a change.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not take my body for granted! I will listen to it, despite the major stubborn streak in me. I will enjoy life!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Can you believe that the radio stations had already playing Christmas songs? It's not even Thanksgiving yet!!! Oh well. I guess I can work towards not getting injuried and not get burned out. Oh wait... doesn't both of them involve not running? Maybe getting ready for Goofy...
            Key to not getting injured or burned out is to listen to your body. Are you really going to do the Goofy in Jan Mile? If so VERY COOL!! I have a friend that is going to do it in 2008 ( he had planned to do it this year but there were schedule conflicts.)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

... try to stay injury-free ... doing some strength exercises at least twice a week

Running in Belgium
              Ann

Scout7

Get in the d@$# pool. (That tri I signed up for is approaching faster than I care to contemplate). Ride my bike.
                  On the bike OR on the road 4 days per week, minimum.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

Cryptic

I am not a big believer in resolutions because like folks are saying we end up forgetting about them or ignoring them. However goal setting is good stuff. I just want to run two marathons next year. I am in the process of training for one now and have a few I am picking between for my second one of 07.
                      Taking each day one at a time sounds like a plan.
                      Run World, Run.

madness baby

1) follow my HM training plan 2) do strength training 2-3x/week 3) take rest days. . . i am sitting here itching to run! 4) enjoy seeing my body change
                        deb
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am picking between for my second one of 07.
                          Got a monkey on your back?