ROAD ID (Read 1041 times)

Finished!

Anyone here wear one? Looking for feedback on the Wrist, Ankle and shoe pouch ones. Comfortable? Stay in place? any chance of the stainless tag going missing?
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've thought about these, myself. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Being diabetic I don't get out of bed in the morning without putting on my neclace that has all my medical and contact details inside it. I've just got so used to wearing it all the time now that it doesn't seem to bother me whilst running either now.
        Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

A couple of years ago, Runner's World was giving out coupons to free Road IDs so I got one for my shoe. I don't like having things hangs loose, which I imagine would bounce when I'm running so I opted for the shoe variety. It comes with a velcro strap that goes around the shoe lace and seemed to be pretty secure. My only concern is whether the EMTs would look for it on my shoe.
            I also got the free RoadID from Runner's World, and chose the one that velcros on the shoe laces. I like the RoadID because you can fit so much information on it - I have my name, address, hubby's name & phone number, blood type, and medical information on mine. After a friend of mine got hit by a car while running last fall, I don't go out without mine.
            JakeKnight

After a friend of mine got hit by a car while running last fall, I don't go out without mine.
              Sorry to hear that. Hope he/she is okay! Would you mind telling us what your friend did (or didn't do) that led to the accident? Any tips might be useful. Frankly, although I laugh in the face of hurricanes, rattlesnakes, sharks, and rabid Bassett Hounds ... I worry about having a close-up meeting with a car at the wrong time and place. I've had a few close calls (thanks to Tennessee driver's being the worst in the world).

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

She was crossing a side street downtown in the early AM and a car decided (apparently at the last minute, without signaling) to make a left turn onto that street. The woman she was running with was worse off, but my friend's hip was banged up enough that she didn't finish training for the marathon she had been training for. I think it really scared her more than anything. The good news is that she has gotten back into running and is training for another marathon. And we are all much more careful when crossing even small side streets.

Finished!

yikes. A friend of mine was just hit by a car while training. Yesterday. She's alright, from what I understand - a few bumps and bruises, but no other damage that I'm aware of. That's what triggered the query. I know she wears one.
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn. I think I need to find one sooner, rather than later. That is some scary stuff. Any recommendations of sources/models? k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is this the site? Road ID Man, I think I will order one for myself AND one for my hubby. He has told me so many stories of cars nearly clipping him while on his bike. That always makes me so nervous. People really are often so inconsiderate to anyone in a smaller vehicle (speaking from experience--have always driven compact cars and been a bit "bullied" on more than one occasion) or running/biking on the road. k

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

Is this the site? Road ID
                        Yeah, that's the site. I asked my hubby if he'd wear one and he's reluctant - but then he also hates jewlery of any kind and I was more thinking of it for hiking etc. He would prefer something in his pack with his emergency info on it. I'll probably get one for myself - esp once I start training outdoors.
                        Walk + Jog = wog.
                          I have been considering getting one. My wife definitely likes the idea. She is happy that I at least wear a reflective armband when I leave early saturday mornings for my runs.
                            I don't have/use one. I just put my driver's license in my shorts pocket and go running. No medical info, but I think it works. I've heard of people buying little canisters at pet stores and putting their med info in those. They're only $2-3 and attach strongly to shoes -- if it stays on a pet's collar, I guess it'll stay on running shoes. I think a lot of them even have medical symbols on them.
                              It's one of these that I have. You have to put all your details on a bit of paper inside it but as things that I want to have on it would change occasionally, such as contat details, that suits me better than any of the engraved ones that you can get.
                                I've got a RoadID wrist identifier that I wear when I'm out running. I've never needed it, but I feel better with it. I wear it every time I run, in whatever weather. I very much like it. Every so often, I take the tag off and toss the thing in the washing machine. Seems to work fine for me. I also actually have the shoe pocket they make - I could just put my ID on there, but I was wearing the wrist ID for months before I purcahsed their shoe pouch, so now, it's more habit than anything else.