Go home, puppy... (Read 3433 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, almost lost a chunk out of the back of my newest running skirt, today. Cute little pup (probably some sort of shepherd...looked about 6 months old) decided he/she wanted to run with me, then when he/she was called back decided that I should stop and go back to his/her house with him/her...made sad eyes and the whole bit. When I didn't stop the little hairball ran up behind me and grabbed my skirt in his/her teeth. Somehow I managed to break loose without any holes in my skirt. Had the puppy damaged my skirt I think I would have gone back and asked the owner to reimburse me. Even on clearance this thing was $30 and is almost brand new.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yikes! That's not good. Black eye I don't like to be approached by dogs like that. Glad it didn't rip your skirt or you.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was more worried about any cars that should come along. It's a semi-rural road and cars tend to fly. The puppy didn't seem to have a malicious bone in his/her body, but I woulda been pretty ticked if I'd ended up with a torn skirt, for sure.

~ Sarah Kay

Lisa3.1

Hi, just checked in quick and saw your post, and thought ugh, that's not good,the pup shouldn't be out that far either. Irresponisble owner.

Gotta TRI

Could have been worse, could have been a moose! Big grin
            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Could have been worse, could hav been a moose! Big grin
              This is true! Oh, that reminds me...I think it was yesterday AM that a 200+# bear was spotted in lower MI, a few hours from us...but in a pretty urban area. I'll take my changes with a puppy over a moose or bear! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

Could have been worse, could have been a moose! Big grin
                LMAO Big grin

Kevin

Couldn't find a Coppertone moose image...

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Puppy teeth are sharp !

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Puppy teeth are sharp !
                      I know...I couldn't believe there wasn't a single hole. I think the pup must have already gotten adult teeth in...but still. Ha, that Coppertone image is exactly what I was thinking of. Too bad no one got a photo. My skirt is stretchy enough that my butt wasn't bared, but it could have been a scary scene! Shocked Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

I was more worried about any cars that should come along. It's a semi-rural road and cars tend to fly. The puppy didn't seem to have a malicious bone in his/her body, but I woulda been pretty ticked if I'd ended up with a torn skirt, for sure.
                        I run on rural roads too, and while most cars slow and move over when they see me, some tend to just fly by and chuck beer cans out the window. I did take a detour through a new subdivision the other day, and there was a little, tiny yappy dog in someone's front yard that decided to chase me three blocks. I'm more of a big dog person, and those little ankle-biters always freak me out. Smile If I didn't love animals so much, I would have kicked at the dang thing. Big grin
                        "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
                        Lisa3.1

Is that a Siberian Husky
                            Yep! That's my baby boy. Smile Sibes are GREAT running partners - we've done a 10-miler together, and while I'm completely beat at the end, he wants to keep going!! They are such good, good dogs.
                            "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
                            Lisa3.1

Yep! That's my baby boy. Smile Sibes are GREAT running partners - we've done a 10-miler together, and while I'm completely beat at the end, he wants to keep going!! They are such good, good dogs.
                              We just got a siberian husky black lab, who is now nine weeks old, I can't wait for the day I can run with her.
                                We just got a siberian husky black lab, who is now nine weeks old, I can't wait for the day I can run with her.
                                You're going to have sooo much fun with her!! I bought a nice harness for Suka, and a long enough leash that I can loop around my waist so that my arms are free. I'm too cheap to buy one of the fancy hands-free leashes. Smile