Trying to put a weight loss ticker in my signature - is this not possible on this site? (Read 1266 times)

Ben Running

I have checked the html in my signature and it still isnt working - i have no idea what i am doing but it doesnt look like i can do this - the ticker is from tickerfactory.com. Any ideas?
    theyapper

On the road again...

I don't think the img tag is allowed in the signatures. That's what is keeping the ticker from displaying.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric disallowed certain kinds of programming to help prevent someone from uploading malicious software. I think tickerfactory is just collateral damage to that protection.

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

The img tag is disallowed in the signature. Although it is safe in that it doesn't inject any malicious code, people tend to abuse it by including images that takes up half a page. Img will remain disabled for now.
          Ben Running

No problem, that's cool, i just wanted to know so i can stop trying to get it to work Big grin
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...people tend to abuse it by including images that takes up half a page.
              You been hanging out on some mommy boards...? Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Shy Blush Tongue

10k in 1975

You could put a size limit for the signature images.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You could put a size limit for the signature images.

Years ago I posted on a site that did this--it was very effective.  Any images that didn't fit were cut-off.  They'd show, but if they were too tall or too wide parts of the graphic would be appended.

I have to admit, I think signature graphics (hosted on the user's own webspace) can be pretty cool, as long as something like the above solution is implemented.  Otherwise people will have these ginormous graphics a la Paintshop Pro (think digital versions of entire gag-worthy scrapbook pages).

~ Sarah Kay

under a rock

Seriously, can you say overkill?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Seriously, can you say overkill?

I especially like the sparkly animated ones that could put a person at risk for a seizure.

~ Sarah Kay