GPS Tracks to Courses? (Read 455 times)

I have this nifty little GPS that will log my course. I can even spit it out to google earth and see it. It would be great if I could use a GPS track file to input my file to create my course in Running Ahead!
    vicentefrijole

Hello Paul There's been a bunch of chatter in the "gears&wears" section on the Garmin Forerunner and the possibility of future compatibility with this site. Take a look and join us if you get a chance. However, to answer your question, let me quote Eric (the boss man):
      I've been thinking about adding this capability. I might squeeze this in before the next major project. The only thing is, I don't have a Garmin to try things out. Technically, I don't need one to get it to work, but I would like to get one to have the complete user experience, starting with downloading the data off of the GPS.
      Big grin p.s. Nice avatar! Did you design that yourself?
      eric :)

As vicentefrijole pointed out, GPS import is on my list of things to do. It's definitely something I will try to get to soon.
          Eric, this would be a great feature to add and would set your site so far above others! I use Motionbased.com to download my GPS information and then have the option to export my map from google earth. If you only added the feature of 'import' for Google Earth KML files, that would be fantastic!! So much less work to do when adding courses Wink
          Run long, run strong