Raving about Triumph 5 (Read 601 times)

finney

Resident pinniped

I've always run in Saucony and have liked most of the shoes I've gotten from them. They also accomodate my orthotics nicely, which is another reason that I've stuck with them. I finally decided to splurge and try a pair of high-end shoes, since I've been running long enough now that I know I'll stick with it and am doing enough milage to justify it. Also, I have somewhat problem feet despite orthotics, and I figured the extra bells and whistles of a high end shoe might be worth a try (although I know some people do better with simpler designs that doesn't seem to hold up for me). So, I got the new Triumph 5 and they're amazing like woah. Shocked They're very responsive without being too "squishy" or unstructured. They're light as a feather and I feel almost no impact no matter what surface I run on. My favorite feature about them is the new heel design. Instead of a solid assembly, they've broken the heel of the shoe up into seperate "pods", so whichever ones you land on don't transfer impact or force. That's really nice because it allows me a totally natural stride, while some shoes I've had seem to fight my orthotics to a degree. My only gripe (and it's minor) is the thin laces. They don't stay tied, even when double-tied. I also think the shoe's upper could be SLIGHTLY more beefy, but that's just a matter of personal preference. So, that's my take on them, for anyone who might be interested or thinking about this model themselves.
    PWL

Has been

I ran in the Triumph 4 most of last year and absolutely loved them. They were a bit heavy, but for training I was always comfy and happy with them. I will probably get a pair of the update sometime this year.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

My only gripe (and it's minor) is the thin laces. They don't stay tied, even when double-tied.
        Did ya see the shoe tying thread? It might help. Smile Click I love the Triumphs too, but until they make them in wide, I won't be able to use them. I'm currently using the Trigon Rides. I've always loved Saucony and hope they find it profitable enough to start making their top neutral shoe in a wide.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love the Triumphs too, but until they make them in wide, I won't be able to use them. I'm currently using the Trigon Rides. I've always loved Saucony and hope they find it profitable enough to start making their top neutral shoe in a wide.
          I'm happy to hear you like the Rides...I may try the Guides at some point (apparently the same shoe, except the Guides have a small medial post). They are billed as a shoe for mild overpronators, so it's one I may try eventually for alternating with my 902s during the warmer months. They look like they'd be a bit cushier than the 902, so maybe something nice for longer runs. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay