Sports bra suggestion (Read 831 times)

Cowgirl84

Does anyone have a must have sports bra???
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This one is my fave - Champion Shape Scoop-Back Full-Figure Underwire Sports Bra (seriously, could the name be any longer?): Very similar to a Moving Comfort bra that costs more and doesn't fit (me) as well. Amazing support for a bra that I can generally find for under $40. I also like Champion's Double Dry Distance bra, but the support is not quite as good and they don't last very long before the elastic and lining layer pill-up and get scratchy. What are your needs? Your selection of comfy and effective bras will be much greater if you are a C-cup or smaller. I've always had the best luck with Champion...that's what worked for me as far back as junior high--back in the day they were about the only company making sports bras.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

OverAnalyzer

Hmmm...I may have to check that one out too. I was just coming on here to ask a similar question...... What bra never leaves you with chafing? Roll eyes I have a variety of different types/fabrics but have only ONE that doesn't chafe. And it is one that the label has worn off and I think it was like a target or wal-mart clearance buy that I can't seem to replace. Ack! Last weekend I had to tuck TP into my sports bra b/c it was chafing so bad I was bleeding and was soaked b/c the miraculous wick-away fabric was not quite so miraculous. That bra has been relegated to the 'non-running' pile.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OA, I have not had chafing from the Champion bras. I cannot say that for some of the tops I have worn over them (which is why I have no less than 6 of the one C9 tank from Target that doesn't rub funny under my arms), but the bras have been good.

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Hmmm...I may have to check that one out too. I was just coming on here to ask a similar question...... What bra never leaves you with chafing? Roll eyes.
            No such puppy for me. Bra + bodyglide for anything over an hour.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I also love Champion Double Dry. I am a D cup and don't like bounce. I use Bodyglide as well. Title 9 sells a bra that is supposed to be great, snaps up the front and actually comes with instructions for how to put it on. It costs $75. I just wait for the Champion bras to go on sale and buy a bunch. They do pill but it doesn't bother me.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lisa, give that one I put the link up for a try. I thought the Distance controlled bounce well until I got that one with the ridiculously long name. WAY more controlling (for Cs and Ds Champion gives it their highest control rating) and it doesn't have that same sort of band, so hopefully that won't get scratchy so fast. I would get chaffing from the Distance, but only once it was a few months old. I should also say that the Champion PowerBack bras are very nice and super supportive, but I didn't like having to yank them on and off from overhead (T-backs).

~ Sarah Kay

Ojo

Bra + bodyglide for anything over an hour.
                  I agree! I like Moving Comfort but they just discontinued the model I wear so I might have to shop for something new! Angry

Sara

MM #2929

12-week layoff

I can use band-aids. I am still waiting for my boobs.
                    xor

I had the over/under on "guy appearing in this thread to state he is lurking" at 3 posts. Not that I'm lurking or anything. I am, however, happy to wait for boobs too. <tangent> At yesterday's Breast Cancer Marathon... just like at the 3-day walks and various races for the cure... there are always teams of ladies who have kind of PG-13 names for their teams. After awhile, all these names repeat. But at yesterday's race, I saw one I had never seen before: SAVE SECOND BASE Heh. </tangent> Ok, bye.

Jazz hands!

Champion ALSO has an all-bras-are-$19.99 sale twice a year, so I usually wait for that, buy a bunch, and then exchange / return as needed. Kind of a pain, and there are shipping costs, but much less than if I bought that many full-price bras.
                        run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Best Present Ever

Moving Comfort's Fiona bra. Never chafes me, no bounce. It's the only one that works for me worn by itself. I have others, but have to double them up
                            I can use band-aids. I am still waiting for my boobs.
                            You lucky, nothing to sag later on ( oh , I hate gravity sometimes! !)

- Anya