Heh..."Instant Athlete" (Read 960 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What'll they think of next...? Secret Clinical Strength Anti-Perspirant Deodorant, Advanced Solid, Marathon Fresh With a Sport Fresh Scent Designed for Athletes The Advanced Solid's triple-action technology provides three layers of protection; Clinically proven, prescription strength wetness protection. Odor-fighting capsules that absorb odor and release scent all day to keep you smelling clean and fresh. Skin soothing conditioners. Who would benefit from using Clinical Strength Sport Advanced Solid? Anyone who does not want their performance to be held back by perspiration or odor will benefit from Secret's prescription strength wetness protection. Sheesh. Though...I gotta admit, this stuff is good. I haven't tried this particular scent (nice, not too floral/girly, not strongly masculine), but the clinical strength stuff is generally extra nice in the Summer months for combating runner stank.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Anyone who does not want their performance to be held back by perspiration or odor will benefit from Secret's prescription strength wetness protection.
      Because I often will be running and catch a whiff of my stank and instantly slow down. Roll eyes And, now wait, correct me if I am wrong here, but I seem to recall from basic biology that perspiration had some sort of PURPOSE Sheesh...marketing. You think the guy who came up with that has ever run?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone who does not want their performance to be held back by perspiration
        Now I know why I am so damned slow regardless of the miles I put in--it's 'cause I sweat like a friggin' horse (ask anyone who has seen me after a race--it's appalling). Oh, well, guess I can rest easy knowing a simple anti-perspirant is the cure! Sweet! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Because I often will be running and catch a whiff of my stank and instantly slow down. Roll eyes
          See, that makes me speed up because I want to get more air current flowing around my body. (Which is just one more reason why treadmills suck.)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Along for the Ride

I get a kick out of "clinical" strength ... What makes the strength clinical? Why would a health care setting be concerned with deodorant? Especially when they add "clinically tested" - that'd be a boring job to be in charge of the study to test deodorant... "ok Mister Jones, let me smell your arm pits now" Big grin

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

De-slacking in progress

I get a kick out of "clinical" strength ... What makes the strength clinical? Why would a health care setting be concerned with deodorant? Especially when they add "clinically tested" - that'd be a boring job to be in charge of the study to test deodorant... "ok Mister Jones, let me smell your arm pits now" Big grin
              Wouldn't it be "more" healthy NOT to wear any deorderant during a run- gives your pores the chance to work and not be un-naturally blocked?

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

When I saw ads for these, I wondered--what is marathon fresh scent?

TRUST THE PROCESS

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Boring job...more like yucky! I think the "clinical strength" has something to do with it being an OTC version of what used to require a script from a dermatologist. That stuff seriously is nice in the Summer, but too $$ to use year-round.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...I'm guessing the creator of that descriptor has never actually been to a race, much less a marathon. People don't really smell too fresh after about 3 miles. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Especially if you're Paula Radcliffe. Evil grin Never could understand the pre-excercise deo application.
                      C-R

After having been around enough finish lines for marathons, the phrase "fresh scent" is a total oxymoron. Shocked Those medal lines smell worse than a pig farm in the August heat. Not sure this will win a marketing award for originality, accuracy or effectiveness.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

After having been around enough finish lines for marathons, the phrase "fresh scent" is a total oxymoron. Shocked
                          Yes, but I suppose "Marathon Ass Stank" or "Marathon Butt Whiff" wouldn't sell all that well.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Along for the Ride

Yes, but I suppose "Marathon Ass Stank" or "Marathon Butt Whiff" wouldn't sell all that well.
                            Since I came to the States from Germany in '99, I have learned that everything gets better with abbreviations. Right? So ... what about M-A-S, for the athlete in you ... or ... M-B-F, for the finish line ahead of you ... Nobody would even ask. Or know that you implied their ass smells after a marathon. MTA: The pigfarm in August heat has its appeal too tough ...

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I volunteer at the ATL marathon chip return area (6 yrs). I have never notice body odor. I guess it is a good thing my sense of smell is lousy. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/