First 5K Race (Read 746 times)

I ran my first 5k race today. Finished second from last, but it was great! It was a small one, held by our company (there were only twelve of us) and most of the times were between 21:00 and 25:00, but I was deeply satisfied with my 34:25 time...an 11:07 pace. So what if I was next to last...it was a hoot! Steve
    redleaf

yippie! congrats on your achievement!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

theyapper

On the road again...

Great job. When's your next one? Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Awesome! Gotta start somewhere. Now you have a personal best (4 seconds faster than my first 5K Clowning around ) to break if you race again. Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Thanks everyone...just gotta say, I love these forums. Everyone's so encouraging! theyapper66 asked, "When's your next one?" The company I work for sponsers one a month. I'll probably just stick with these until I'm running longer distances and able to do a 10K (which will probably be in the Dallas area somewhere) and possibly, someday, a half marathon (that's my long term goal right now). Steve

Another Passion

Congratulations on your first 5K race finish! The participating and finish is what's important, race times are all relative to you now. Good luck in your continued running and racing.

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great job on your first! Now you've got to experience the excitement that a whole bunch of runners can generate. You are going to LOVE the atmosphere of a big start, there's nothing like the sound of hundreds of feet pounding pavement in the morning. It's like hoot squared.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.