Cell phone recommendations? (Read 827 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our Verizon "new every 2 contract" is up, so we're eligible to replace one of our 2 phones for free (up to $100). I HATE my old LG phone...it's really blocky and when I run the top half smacks around the entire way. It's kind of heavy, too. I'd still like a flip phone, but am wanting something that will work better for running. I like to wear my phone on my hip, too, as I don't always have a hydration pack with a belt to clip it too, so it sometimes has to go on the waist of whatever I am wearing. My current phone is heavy enough that it doesn't want to clip very well to the tops of some of my running skirts, since they don't have wide elastic bands. Any suggestions? I don't need anything fancy and mainly just use my phone as a phone...not as a camera or means to do e-mail or web browse. I always run with my phone for safety's sake. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

*cough* iPhone *cough* June 15th *cough* Sorry about the coughing fit. I got nuthin'.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I have a Trac Fone! Don't laugh. It works. Big grin

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*cough* iPhone *cough* June 15th *cough* Sorry about the coughing fit. I got nuthin'.
          *fingers in ears* lalalala...I'm not listening! Seriously, though, Cingular coverage around here sucks, even if I could afford the iPhone. Maybe in 3-4 years if Cingular coverage is better AND the price of the iPhone comes down... k

~ Sarah Kay

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2586 Works for me! I CAN"T deal with phones that do email or web browsing. I love the fact that I can upload my music to it Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So you like the Razr? I have heard they are fragile, but I like the feel of my MIL's--very flat. I'd have to go with a pretty basic one, though, I noticed that even with a 2 year contract that one is $100. k

~ Sarah Kay

NOOOOOOOOOOOO not a razr. This is a MOTOKRZR K1m I've had it for a while. Dropped it many times (even in the sand in Florida) and still works great.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...I thought that was a model of Razr. I may have to think about that one. I am notoriously hard on phones. k

~ Sarah Kay

K, I just got the pink razor this summer.. it was free with the Verizon New Every Two $100 discount and a new 2-year contract. I love it, no problems at all. It is nice and flat and even fits in the pouch on the shorts of my running skirt (bonus!). My DH had the razor on Cingular and had a lot of problems, but the Verizon one is designed to be more user-friendly and is a lot like my old LG. I'm really happy with it.
                      I have the Cherry Chocolate from Verizon. I love it because of the small size and the fact that it doesn't flip open - it slides - so that it doesn't flap around when I run with it. It does have all sorts of crazy extra capabilities, none of which I use, save for the occasional photo.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Motorola just announced the RAZR 2 today.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Motorola just announced the RAZR 2 today.
                          I'm guessing that's not going to be a cheap phone, huh...? Megan, a phone that slides open sounds PERFECT! I should look at that one, for certain.

~ Sarah Kay

Actually I really kind of dislike the RAZR - I used a friend's and thought it wasn't very intuitive in its use and I don't really care for the number pad the way it is laid out flat. I guess I just don't like flip phones in general also. I'm a big fan of nice block phones, particularly the Sony Ericsson line - I'm eying something like the w880i once the price comes way down.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm guessing that's not going to be a cheap phone, huh...?
                              Sorry, I think I'm projecting a little there. Geek tendencies. I actually use a craptastic Sprint phone that has a huge crack on the screen. I pay $5 a month for the equipment replacement plan, but am unable to use the plan just yet for this one because I already replaced a phone earlier this year. Left it outside. It froze. Menus didn't speak English after it thawed. Blush

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I can't justify getting anything more than $20 or so above the "free" models. I won't use the features on the pricier phones and I trash 'em too fast, anyhow. k

~ Sarah Kay