Garmin Forerunner 405 (Read 3619 times)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Looks like Garmin announced the latest iteration of their Forerunner watches today. Looks like it's a lot smaller than the 305 and it syncs wirelessly automatically now. Here are a few links about it. http://www8.garmin.com/ces/forerunner/index.html http://gizmodo.com/340267/garmin-forerunner-405-watch-is-packed-with-awesome-features-for-healthy-types http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/03/garmins-new-forerunner-405-puts-the-watch-back-in-gps-watch/
      oh no......
        That is hot. I wants it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

va

I've got a 305 for sale, if anybody is interested... Clowning around
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Uh oh. Wireless data download? Eric, I hope you are reading this...

Dave

I sort of knew this was coming but it is still sort of exciting/depressing. Once they started discounting them below $200, it was pretty obvious that a new model was on the way. They usually announce at CES, too. Anyone know when they're going to be available retail?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It says "later this year". The 205/305 came out in March.
                  Uh oh. Wireless data download? Eric, I hope you are reading this...
                  It still uses a USB thingy as the wireless receiver, so I would imagine, Eric's code would, for the very most part, still work just fine.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

That is sexy. My husband is going to be at CES for work, I am going to bribe him to go over to the Garmin booth and check it out/ take pictures. Big grin
                      Somebody buy these Garmin guys a calendar. Christmas was last month. Now that it has been announced they do need to bring it out soon (i.e. before next Christmas) since this will probably put the brakes on 305 sales until people figure out which they will want.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Well after singing that blasted Garmin Christmas song around the house for a hint for my wife this year. I guess she is in store for a encore next Christmas. I knew when I got it for $150.00 from Costco I was in trouble, but less then 10 days!!! come on Garmin Christmas is the 25th of December not March!!!!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Somebody buy these Garmin guys a calendar. Christmas was last month.
                          Undecided Man...that green one looks so much less nerdy than my big, red 305. I think I need to start calling my Garmie "Big Red." Ahh, well...I've never really been an early adopter. No sense starting now. Maybe by the time the 505 is announced I will be ready for an upgrade. For now I will enjoy my MASSIVE white block-shaped tan-line on my wrist this Summer. It will be my badge of honor, biotches! Wink k Edited because my brain froze.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well after singing that blasted Garmin Christmas song around the house for a hint for my wife this year.
                            Give a, give a, give a, give a Garmin! Yeah, I was singing that, too. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Somebody buy these Garmin guys a calendar.
                              Oh, they clearly have a calendar. They used the mad frenzy that is the mess of a modern broken celebration of Christmas to unload their overstock of last year's model. Buyer beware.