Good mid-west destination races- suggestions? (Read 498 times)

DH & I are trying to plan his vacation days this year...atleast some of them...and were thinking about taking a long weekend and travel somewhere to do a 5k...10k...maybe even half. Anybody have a favorite that they'd suggest? We like in the Kansas City area and would like to travel (by car) no more than aout 6 hours. Last year we went to Hannibal, MO for the Hannibal Cannibal 10K & ahd a great time - although the course was a real "killer" Evil grin
      It might be a little bit further than 6 hours, but South Bend IN has the Sunburst Races on May 31. 5K, 10K, half mar., and full marathon. All races start at the College Football Hall of Fame and finish on the 50 yard line of Notre Dame Stadium. I don't know how to insert a link, but the website is www.sunburstraces.org

Dan

still alive

Fargo Marathon in May! http://www.fargomarathon.com

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Fifth-Third Bank Riverbank Run 25k Largest 25k in the nation! Awesome race...amazing crowd support. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

when are you thinking of going?? www.runnersworld.com also lists plenty of races. There are three in March in the Decatur/Bloomington IL area.

3:30AM - Leadville, CO

It might be a little bit further than 6 hours, but South Bend IN has the Sunburst Races on May 31. 5K, 10K, half mar., and full marathon. All races start at the College Football Hall of Fame and finish on the 50 yard line of Notre Dame Stadium. I don't know how to insert a link, but the website is www.sunburstraces.org
              Dan is correct. I live in the Granger, IN area and have run the Marathon 6-times and the Half 1-time. You would like the shorter races (5k, 10k or Half). The 5k and 10k usually pull in a couple thousand runners every year with the half and marathon much smaller events. Great places to eat in the area as well as affordable places to stay. Some decent places to do a few training runs if you have time along the East Race, Notre Dame trails and also the St. Patrick's/Bertrand Park areas. And the Notre Dame campus in general puts on a half marathon in April called the Holy Half. If you would like information on that I can get you info on it. Good luck in your decision. cr
                Grandma's 1/2 marathon in Duluth in Jume, Crazylegs 8K in Madison, WI late April, Mad-City 1/4 Marathon in Madison Memorial Day weekend, Whistlestop 1/2 Marathon in Ashland, WI in October., Shamrock Shuffle 10K in Madison in March, Trailbreakers 1/2 marathon or 5K in Waukesha, WI in March Yes