Lost motivation but I'm back! (Read 526 times)

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

So I realize I'm a bit more competitive than I thought. with the end of last semester kept me busy I got away from running. Figured I'd catch up again during winter break and instead I worked 70 hours a week because my husband and I have decided we're buying a house. Waking at 5am leaving by 6 and not getting home until 7-9pm didn't leave much room for running. I went out a few times but nothing consistent. So I realized I need goals, I need things to work towards and beat! So I'm signing up for my next race... scary thing is it's a 5 miler. It's March 29th that's just about 6 weeks. I've resorted to go back to C25K program to get back since I can only do 2-2.5 miles. I started at Week 6, I did the 5-3-8-3-5 with no problem, tonight is the 10 min one and next week is 20 mins. I run an 11mm on average. Do you think if I increase each week I can do this 5 mile? Before I stopped I was training with the OHR program and was up to about 40 minutes/4 miles.
    -Jen
    2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
    invisible

Welcome back. Smile
      90 percent of the game is not giving up.

SMART Approach

If you are only running a max 10-12 min now, it will be a big challenge. I think you can do it but you need to realize you won't be at your best. Start slowly and give it a go. It will be a challenge but if you have to walk/run, so be it.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Absolutely, you can do it. Just add on to one run every week to train your body to go the distance. Keep it consistent. If it were me I'd look at this race as a kind of "getting back into the swing of it" goals. Don't pressure yourself for time, and have fun with the journey.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

yeah I'm not running to place I'm just running to finish, I thought it was a 5K but then realized it was a 5 miler!
            -Jen
            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!