La Jolla Half race report (Read 484 times)

I actually slept really well last night except for an awful nightmare. I dreamed that I finished in 1:43 but that I didn't cross the finish line...I took a wrong turn! I woke up yelling, "but I won't PR!" Tongue It was cold this morning! I did something different and gagged down a banana with pb. Dh drove me up to Del Far Mar and hung out with me. He was vicious with the picture taking. It was really cold waiting in the porta potty lines so I asked for my blanky. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket It was elbow to elbow at the start. No national anthem...wth? I was ready to cry for cripes sake! Off we went and I was feeling a little pukey at first but got my mind off of that by doing some early weaving. mile 1~ 8:29 and I'm warm mile 2~ 7:59 my garmin is nagging me...too fast! so I slow down Tongue mile 3~ 8:14 the baby hills were a tease mile 4~ 8:22 TP is looming but my tank is still full so I cruise mile 5~ 7:28 Coming down along the water...beautiful! mile 6~ 9:24 I'm passing people going up and let out a wild banshee yelp...oops! Shocked mile 7~ 8:27 the worst is behind me and my jello legs are wearing off mile 8~ 7:54 I'm thinking. It's only 13.1 So I press on. mile 9~ 7:33 I engage in the head math game and it kills time Confused mile 10~ 7:31 Heading down to the LJ Shores and it is a sight to behold! Cool mile 11~ 6:48 you can't stop this downhill and I could see the finish across the water at the Cove! Big grin mile 12~ 7:39 I'm heading toward another hill and I'm pumped. mile 13~ 7:54 drivers are cheering us up this last hill and I turn the corner and see dh a quarter mile before the finish! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I did a close up and I'll have you know, I was catching air...both feet off the ground! I booked it that last stretch! I finished very happy with a 1:44:58 Big grin and celebrated with my first EVER post race beer! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jennifer mm#1231

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTG!!!! Congrats on the great race!!!! NICE PB!!!! Definetly see Boston for ya next year (that is if your looking to qualify) BTW I had a nightmare last night as well. Of course my race isn't for another week, but I dreamed that it was race day and someone stole my shoes roflmao!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woot, look at you go! What a great race--and great time...you were haulin' butt, girl! BTW, what was the weather like for that? From the way you all are dressed I'm guessing it was similar to our temps yesterday.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

yah. it was 51 at the start. beautiful at the finish! I was only cold standing around...as soon as we started running you realize just how perfect the mid 50's are. and yeah, rockinmom, my goal is to BQ on June 3! Big grin I fed my time to macmillian and it gives me a sweet cushion, woo hoo!

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we might have been about 10º cooler than you guys, but by the end of our race I was wishing I'd not worn long pants. My top half was comfy, but my legs felt a little too warm. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, congrats on breaking 1:45! V. impressive! Big grin
              2009: BQ?
                someone just posted the hill graph, LOL

Jennifer mm#1231

Nice job! That graph explains mile 6 Wink And your mile 11 was impressive!!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMFG! That course would have been the absolute death of me (I think I've decided that I only like hills when I have to do a mile or so of them in the middle of a 4 mile run, then run home and shower, LOL)! Now your time is that much more impressive! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Wow!!! Great time on a tough course. Congratulations!
                        I had originally misread my standings but the results are up now. I'm so jazzzzzzzzzzzzzed! I'm always aiming for the top 10% Field Placement: 496 / 4572 (10.8%) Age group: 35 – 39 Group Placement: 16 / 403 (4%) Gender Placement: 95 / 2362 (4%)

Jennifer mm#1231

Congratulations Jen on an awesome race! Big grin WT squash that nightmare by PRing.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

muse_runner

keep running.

WTG Jen you're amazing. You're so beautiful too! Hot and fast and fit! Nice combo lady! I wanna be like you Blush
                            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Muse has a girl crush! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Great Job, Life! I'm glad that you ran those hills instead of me!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?